Thread: Deselect a sub folder for synchronising

Beans

Deselect a sub folder for synchronising

Hi
    Is there any way to deselect a sub folder and prevent it synching with Ubuntu One? I have synched my "Documents" folder but there is a sub folder which I don't need backing up.
    Can I exclude it from the synch process?

Thanks in advance.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: Deselect a sub folder for synchronising

Have you tried to unsubscribe that folder from the Ubuntu One web interface?

Go to one.ubuntu.com/files/ and under My synced folders there is a list of the folders outside of ~/Ubuntu One that you have synced. Click on the More link next to the folder you want to stop syncing, and then click the Stop syncing this folder link.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by slickymaster View Post
    Have you tried to unsubscribe that folder from the Ubuntu One web interface?

Go to one.ubuntu.com/files/ and under My synced folders there is a list of the folders outside of ~/Ubuntu One that you have synced. Click on the More link next to the folder you want to stop syncing, and then click the Stop syncing this folder link.
    Hi
    Thanks for the response. I have tried to do this but there is no option to stop syncing the folder.
    I can stop syncing the top level folder (i.e. "Documents"), but I can't do it with sub folders (there is a folder within my "Documents" folder I don't want to share).

Any other ideas would be welcome

Beans
    Hidden!

Move that folder to another place outside of the synced path and replace it with a symlink. AFAIK, UbuntuOne doesn't support synchronizing symlinks.

Beans

OK I'll give it a go.
    Thanks for your help