Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OpenGL and integrated graphics.

Beans

Re: OpenGL and integrated graphics.

Well, I removed the packages flgrx and nvidia-current. Should I remove packages associated with them as well?

Here's the output of lspci -i vga:
    Code:
    00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 07)
    The output of Glxinfo OpenGL, (an error):
    Code:
    Error: couldn't find RGB GLX visual or fbconfig
    And the output of glxinfo direct, the exact same:
    Code:
    Error: couldn't find RGB GLX visual or fbconfig

Beans

Its weird, but Nvidia drivers getting installed too for Intel graphics sometimes happens.
    The Nvidia stuff needs to be purged and the Intel drivers, 3D (mesa) and Xorg need to be reinstalled.

These are the commands:

Code:
    sudo apt-get purge nvidia*
    sudo apt-get install --reinstall xserver-xorg-video-intel  libgl1-mesa-glx libgl1-mesa-dri xserver-xorg-core
    sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg
    sudo update-alternatives --remove gl_conf /usr/lib/nvidia-current/ld.so.conf
    Restart the computer then try glxgears again and it should work.

Beans

And with a parting of the clouds and a chorus of angels, (and by angels I mean 3-d gears rotating,), The Lappy said unto its user: Yea! Indeed I shall implement OpenGL!

I'd like to thank all the little people who could make this happen, starting with the leprechauns. Also, a big thank you to you guys. You were awesome too.

I can't express just how grateful i am that you guys too time out of your day to help troubleshoot a stranger's computer. Thanks!

Now if you'll excuse me, somebody's gonna be doing a little modeling for me. And her name is Blender.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123