Thread: Package Download script

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Exclamation Package Download script

I am new to unity and was a avid user of GNOME even when I switched to natty. I'm still adjusting myself to unity while I got this problem. The thing I noticed in Oneiric was it had omitted 'synaptic'. I used to use it a lot as I could download updates and other packages after creating a script of the packages and its dependencies. I knw I can still install synaptic through the Software Center but is there still a way around it?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Package Download script

Quote Originally Posted by asn_knight View Post
    I am new to unity and was a avid user of GNOME even when I switched to natty. I'm still adjusting myself to unity while I got this problem. The thing I noticed in Oneiric was it had omitted 'synaptic'. I used to use it a lot as I could download updates and other packages after creating a script of the packages and its dependencies. I knw I can still install synaptic through the Software Center but is there still a way around it?
    I may have just the thing for you- see the links in my signature.

But if I may ask, why don't you want to install Synaptic through the Software Centre?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Talking Re: Package Download script

Wow dude!!! Thanks!! Down to the tiniest detail!!! That is an awesome and right-what-I-wanted tutoria1!!! Thing is I help many of my friends install Ubuntu in their offline comps...So this is and really will be helpful. I can jus download and do repititively the same stuff each time I install in one!

Thanks again!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Glad to help! I work with a number of offline installations myself and I know right where you're coming from.
    Cheers!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I tend to use Keryx for stuff like this.

http://keryxproject.org/
    Cheesemill