Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MYSQl Problems

Beans

Re: MYSQl Problems

If the problem is that it takes too long to retrieve query results, you probably haven't built the right indexes. Use the mysql client program to run the queries in the webapp from the command line and see which take excessively long to complete.

SQL performance problems usually indicate a problem with the database logic more than a problem with the hardware or server software.

I don't use MySQL enough to know if it has an equivalent to PostgreSQL's ANALYZE command, but if so, that might provide some insights.

Beans

Hi, I still haven't fixed this. Are there any more suggestions?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Try to use MySQL's EXPLAIN command to see what's slowing your query down. This will be a good way to see if you have all of your foreign keys indexed (assuming it's a normalized database).

Beans

I'm locked out of Mysql though. Also, I have changed the password but it reverts straight back to error 1042.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

The only way to correct that is to reset the root user's password is I mentioned earlier in the thread. If you're not able to get that to work, maybe you'll need to do a re-install (although, resetting the password works on all versions of Debian / Ubuntu that I've ever tried, so you should be able to get it working).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12