Thread: Was it my post??

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper

Was it my post??

I'm almost embarrassed to be in the resolution center.

Either I or somebody else crossed a line in a thread I started in the backyard entitled 'here they go again--rant'. If my post was the offense, I would be more then happy to reword it if you are willing to reopen it. I apologize if I did cross any lines and will be more cautious in the future.
    Last edited by rjwood; June 6th, 2006 at 12:58 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper

Re: Was it my post??

I'm not sure how to interpret a 'no response'. Is my compromise being considered? Is it the subject of the thread that is objectionable? If so, I would like to appeal to you to trust the participants of the discussion just a little. I am aware this is a delicate subject and approached it as I did for a reason. Am I permitted to reapproach it differently? If so, allowing me to rewrite my original post may be the best solution. Please at least give me the curtesy of a reply. Thank you!!

Beans

Could you provide a link to the thread in question?
    My Blog | Forum Search | Forum Guidelines
    Please don't PM support questions--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans

The rules of the backyard states that:
    Forum moderators will lock threads violating the above rules no questions asked and will do so with their sole discretion.
    That being said, however, I do not believe you did anything wrong. I believe it was locked because of other posters' behaviors.

I will look into the matter and discuss it with the other admins.
    ??? :: ubuntu is my OS soul mate
    UDSF :: Forum Policies :: Unanswered Posts :: Ruby :: Donate
    official ubuntu member
    :: ??????? :: so say we all

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper

Quote Originally Posted by kassetra
    The rules of the backyard states that:

That being said, however, I do not believe you did anything wrong. I believe it was locked because of other posters' behaviors.

I will look into the matter and discuss it with the other admins.
    Thank You for the response. As I reread the thread, I really don't see anything that harsh from anyone. It seems to me it was responsible dialogue from everyone. I am aware and can appreciate one's apprehension to the subject matter. Again, I would request a little leeway. I know this is not a political forum and will respect your decisions, however, as we all spend more time on these forums we hopfully are each establishing some cedibility with one another and I believe we can therefore have discussions on some sensitive subjects. Open source itself is so dependant on open minded political views that I hope and believe our mutual reasons for being here carries a mutual respect as well. Gay people are tough minded people and I have to believe most welcome this discussion. We all need the opportunity to express our views and share differences in order to evolve as individuals, a community and a society.

Thanks again! I have faith in your reasonable consideration and response.. RJ

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper

I am so disapointed that I can not even get an explanation, no less a solution. What gives?

At least let me take this up with the person who closed the thread...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by rjwood
    I am so disapointed that I can not even get an explanation, no less a solution. What gives?

At least let me take this up with the person who closed the thread...
    While the backyard moderation is at the *SOLE* discretion of the moderator, without needing an explanation, as it states in the backyard rules, I have re-opened the thread.

This post received numerous complaints -
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...43&postcount=5

I am shocked and dismayed that a forum promoting humanity to others would allow such obvious gay-bashing even in one of the offtopic areas. Comparing being gay to polygamy?! If this is what you call humanity, you can have it. This is disgusting.
    official ubuntu member

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper

While the backyard moderation is at the *SOLE* discretion of the moderator, without needing an explanation, as it states in the backyard rules, I have re-opened the thread.

This post received numerous complaints -
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...43&postcount=5
    Thank you, kassetra.
    I have the impression the author of that post is young and not intentionally bashing. I am hoping to be able to aid this person in the maturing process through dialogue..How else can we grow into community minded people except for the assistance of older, wiser, more experienced people.

RJ

EDIT: I apologize for not being as patient as I could have been...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by rjwood
    Thank you, kassetra.
    I have the impression the author of that post is young and not intentionally bashing. I am hoping to be able to aid this person in the maturing process through dialogue..How else can we grow into community minded people except for the assistance of older, wiser, more experienced people.

RJ

EDIT: I apologize for not being as patient as I could have been...
    While helping others mature is a noble experience.... it's very possible that some people need to learn the hard way what is and is not acceptable on this forum.
    official ubuntu member

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper

While helping others mature is a noble experience.... it's very possible that some people need to learn the hard way what is and is not acceptable on this forum.
    agreed!!!