Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Using a USB winmodem with a Conexant driver in (K)Ubuntu 11.10 (Oneiric)

Beans

Original files that were used

Hi!

This is me again. Nowadays I don't use any winmodem, but because some sites removed the original files, I will copy them here.

Notes about the "ubuntuforums.org" site:
    - It had limits in the size of the attachments, so I had to use several parts of files.
    - It forbade me to add more than five attachments, so I had to use more than one post.
    - It didn't allow me to attach the files that I split using the "split" command.

Those are the files only for 32 bits systems:
    hsfmodem-7.68.00.09oem.part_1.tar.bz2
    hsfmodem-7.68.00.09oem.part_2.tar.bz2
    hsfmodem-7.80.02.06full.part_1.tar.bz2
    hsfmodem-7.80.02.06full.part_2.tar.bz2

For example, you can move "hsfmodem-7.68.00.09oem.part_1.tar.bz2" and "hsfmodem-7.68.00.09oem.part_2.tar.bz2" to the same directory/folder and uncompress them using
    Code:
    tar -xvf hsfmodem-7.68.00.09oem.part_1.tar.bz2
    tar -xvf hsfmodem-7.68.00.09oem.part_2.tar.bz2
    to obtain the original folder.
    Last edited by Ganton; March 30th, 2013 at 09:15 PM.

Beans

Original files that were used (2)

Last edited by Ganton; March 30th, 2013 at 08:52 PM.

Beans

Beans

Re: Using a USB winmodem with a Conexant driver in (K)Ubuntu 11.10 (Oneiric)

Anyway the solution doesn't work with the latest kernel for Ubuntu 12.04 - errors during compiling.
    So one should forget about Conexant PCI/USB modems

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by GrayJack View Post
    Anyway the solution doesn't work with the latest kernel for Ubuntu 12.04 - errors during compiling.
    So one should forget about Conexant PCI/USB modems
    I can confirm that it looks like theres a lot of issues to compile on 3.5.* kernels. I rolled back to 3.2.* and all seems fine.

Beans

Hello,

are there any news about to compile the driver on recent (3.10) kernels? i am still not able to compile any conexant driver modules on my 3.1x kernels. always get the message that file version.h is missing.

hope anyone has an idea.

best regards, harald.

Beans

Lightbulb Re: Using a USB winmodem with a Conexant driver in (K)Ubuntu 11.10 (Oneiric)

As downloading all the files is a bit tedious, I uploaded them to GitHub for easier retrieval:
    http://george-hopkins.github.io/hsfmodem

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

https://github.com/george-hopkins/hsfmodem/issues/1

was anyone successful on a 4.x kernel ?

Beans

Hi,

to make it easier i just downloaded the hsfmodem-7.80.02.06oem.tar.gz from http://www.linuxant.com/drivers/hsf/oem/downloads.php.

Then i extracted the file, fixed all files to match a newer kernel (3.2.0 in my case) and instead of greying your hair i created a patch file to apply to the driver. I put all files in /usr/src which you should do aswell.

Then you can "patch -p0 < hsfmodem.patch" and follow the instructions afterwards which means "make install ; hsfconfig" and your HSF modem should work (/dev/modem it is).

I don't have a 4.x kernel in use so maybe it does not work with 4.x kernels but probably it needs just a few adjustments as it was needed from 2.x to 3.x.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

please could you do same patch for x64 system? thank you

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234