Thread: YouTube videos freeze

Beans

YouTube videos freeze

With XFCE on 10.04 and using proprietary drivers for ati, YouTube videos freeze and/or are choppy. HTML5 video work. But when I change to open source video drivers, the YouTube videos play fine but the hdmi to 2nd monitor don´t work and the temperature rise about 9°C to 64°C.

If I use Gnome instead of XFCE, youtube videos will play fine with proprietary or open source video drivers so the problem arise only when try to use XFCE with proprietary drivers.

Is there a work around to this problem?

My model is panp7.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: YouTube videos freeze

The easy solution would be to stick with Gnome. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by saneearth View Post
    The easy solution would be to stick with Gnome. Sorry, couldn't resist.
    Linux is about choice and realizing how responsive is XFCE with it´s level of customization, I have to say it´s a winner.

Beans

Flash player stores a lot of its' user defined options in /etc/adobe/mms.cfg

If you do not have that file feel free to create it. An option that used to help a lot of people was adding:

Code:
    OverrideGPUValidation = 1
    to your mms.cfg. You will need to be root / sudo to make all these changes.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dodo3773 View Post
    Flash player stores a lot of its' user defined options in /etc/adobe/mms.cfg

If you do not have that file feel free to create it. An option that used to help a lot of people was adding:

Code:
    OverrideGPUValidation = 1
    to your mms.cfg. You will need to be root / sudo to make all these changes.

Thank you for your help but unfortunately it did not work for me. I know flash is a problem as well as the proprietary drivers of my ATI card. I wonder why it work with Gnome and not with XFCE. And also puzzle with the fact that if I use the open-source drivers for the ATI card the videos in youtube will play just fine but the HDMI out to the tv wont work.