Thread: Wireless networking broken after installing fluxbox

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Cool Wireless networking broken after installing fluxbox

Building a server(11.10) to centralize files, & provide VM hosting.
    I only have wireless internet available. During installation, the wireless card was recognized, and after first boot I had connectivity. Thinking I might want an easier interface than CLI, I installed xorg and fluxbox. Shortly after, I decided against a gui, and --purge remove'd the two packages.
    Now, when it boots, it cannot configure the network. There are several guides to cli wireless, but most reference:
    /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf
    which doesn't exist in my install. Was it wiped out by xorg or fluxbox? Has it been moved in 11.10? Is there a new method?

Beans
    Distro

Re: Wireless networking broken after installing fluxbox

After sleeping on it for a few hours, I had the solution. It was right in front of me the whole time: Rescue Mode!
    First thing that happens is you setup networking. You get a chance to reboot after selecting the partition for /.

So while I didn't solve my issue from the command line, I did fix the issue.

Beans
    Distro

Re: Wireless networking broken after installing fluxbox

interestingly, still no /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf.
    I wish I could read fast enough to pickup the packages and utilities being installed.
    If anyone knows how 11.10 server does configure wireless, I'd appreciate the reply.