Thread: Multiple Clicks per Actual Click

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Multiple Clicks per Actual Click

Since updating my Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric from Linux 3.0.0-13 to 3.0.0-14 via. the standard update manager updates only yesterday, I have been experiencing troubles with my mouse.

Every time I click, the click is registered multiple times.

When playing 0ad and selecting troops I found after clicking and dragging, another click was registered at the end, meaning a tree or single troop selected, not the entire group.

Opening a new tab in Chrome is a gamble, as I will get 1 to 3 new tabs.

As is creating and selling trains in Open TTD, where I got 3 engines instead of one, and six carriages in two clicks, when I wanted five. Then selling them lost me more than I wanted.

This means when selecting text, navigating menus, playing games, listening to music, I will usually have to try repeatedly to do even these simple tasks.

I have searched the forum and noticed posts from years ago, with all different hardware/.

I have not at this point tried a different mouse, or operating system. If anyone thinks that likely to work, I will happily switch for a short while.

Any help appreciated.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Re: Multiple Clicks per Actual Click

dash home - type mouse - open up your mouse settings and adjust accordingly... there should be a double click test.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Multiple Clicks per Actual Click

Quote Originally Posted by syerges View Post
    dash home - type mouse - open up your mouse settings and adjust accordingly... there should be a double click test.
    The double click test works fine without adjusting, but I still get problems.

It's good to have useful responses to my posts though.