Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prevent pulseaudio from changing output connector?

Beans

Re: Prevent pulseaudio from changing output connector?

It worked. I installed the package and rebooted. Then I opened up sound settings and plugged in my headphones. It changed to headphones which worried me, but then I turned on some music and I could hear it! No more hassle now.

Thank you both for your hard work. Hopefully this will help solve people's problems in the future. If anyone still needs help, feel free to post. Otherwise, I'll go ahead and mark this thread as solved.
    System specs: CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 830 @ 3.2GHz | GPU - AMD Radeon HD 7850 | MB - MSI 760GM-P23 | RAM - 4GB DDR3 1366 MHz | OS - Arch, Windows 7

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Good stuff...glad it's finally working for you.

You're probably better marking the thread as [SOLVED], and letting others start their own threads. You'll be delighted by the satisfying feeling it gives you
    Matt
    blog.mattrudge.net for extra helpings of geeky Ubuntu goodness
    Get the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter

Beans

This bug is back, even after installing Alsa Driver Modules (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Audio/Instal...aDriverModules).

Adding this PPA solves it:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:diwic/jack-detection

Vianney

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Viybel View Post
    This bug is back, even after installing Alsa Driver Modules (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Audio/Instal...aDriverModules).

Adding this PPA solves it:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:diwic/jack-detection

Vianney
    Well I haven't had any problems yet. I'm holding off on installing the kernel update and the ALSA module update, though. Thanks for sharing this ppa. Hopefully it'll come in handy if something goes wrong.
    System specs: CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 830 @ 3.2GHz | GPU - AMD Radeon HD 7850 | MB - MSI 760GM-P23 | RAM - 4GB DDR3 1366 MHz | OS - Arch, Windows 7

Beans

So I updated the alsa modules and to kernel-15 and the problem's back. So I added that repo and apt-get updated. But before I upgrade, should I remove the repo for the old modules? What about the modules themself? I'll hold off on upgrading the modules until I get more info. Thanks.

Beans

No, that's what apt is here for.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Viybel View Post
    No, that's what apt is here for.
    Could you please clarify?

Beans

Ok I installed the new pulseaudio packages and restarted.

My audio didn't work afterwards. I fixed it by removing .pulse and restarting. I'll make a how-to and post the link here later.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12