Thread: Clonezilla issue

Beans
    Hidden!

Clonezilla issue

The hard disk in my laptop ran into some issues and appears to be failing. The Disk Utility in Ubuntu found 1205 bad sectors. I have order a new hard drive and all important data has been backed up.

I decided to give Clonezilla a go to clone the drive and install it on the new drive when it arrives. It ran into some issues when cloning the windows partition which is the partition that had the errors.

first error was

"This partition in the image is broken: sda2"
    After it had finished checking the images it said,

"Broken partition images were found, or some of them are not checkable in the image....."
    Will this be able to be restored across to the new drive or will this have the same errors?
    "All right amatuer hour's over. Let me show you why they call me the Velour Fog...."
    .:GitHub:.|.:Dropbox:.

Beans

Re: Clonezilla issue

If it can't even check the image, what chance is there that you can use it for a restore ?

Probably minimal imho.

Beans
    Hidden!

Was afraid of that. At least there wasn't anything important on it. Will just get a fresh install on the new drive when it arrives.
    "All right amatuer hour's over. Let me show you why they call me the Velour Fog...."

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate Development Release

IF you can still boot into Windows, or if you can connect the drive to a Windows PC, you can try either Macrium Reflect or Paragon ToDo Backup -- to see if either of them can image off the Windows partition. Both of these have free versions available for download.
    Ubuntu 20.04, Mint 19.10; MS Win10 Pro.
    Will not respond to PM requests for support -- use the forums.

Beans
    Hidden!

New hardrive has been configured and windows and linux re installed. Clonezilla backup taken and everything working grand.