Thread: Wildmanne39 please HELP!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Wildmanne39 please HELP!

**UPDATE below**

Hey, sorry to report but in this thread here http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1877120&page=7

I ran the commands instructed to fix my wireless problem. I thought the issue was resolved, but later as I was still using my internet I began showing issues again.

I shut down earlier today and just restarted to my desktop being in shambles!!

Please someone help. I ran these commands

Code:
    sudo apt-get install bcmwl-kernel-source
    Code:
    echo "blacklist bcma" | sudo tee -a /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf
    Code:
    echo "blacklist brcmsmac" | sudo tee -a /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf
    Code:
    echo "blacklist brcm80211" | sudo tee -a /etc/modprobe.d /blacklist.conf
    Then rebooted.

and at first it seemed to work and now I am in pretty bad shape.

What is the right command to get it straight again? Can I undo this? I haven't ran anything else since this yesterday.

Issues
    My screen on the left is completely squished, the graphics are flattened and bulky, the screen on the right> all the icons are piled on top of each other. I also have to keep restarting to connect to the internet if my computer was off.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ***EDIT***

So here is something that has changed since I have played around with "Displays".

I went from 2D Ubuntu, to regular Ubuntu, and changed the setting around with the monitors.Then I had to reorganize all my files on the desktop, then I restarted, and switched back to 2D, and everything was back to normal except now my icons are all over the place.

So I am going to re organize them in place, but I hope I dont have to do this every time. And I apologize Wildmanne39, I know you are busy, and like myself have only so much time to do extra for others. So I am not relying on only your efforts, I was just kind of worried I was losing my compatibility on this one.

Also the screen is still a little bloated and flat looking on my 19" monitor, so that is still happening, but at least I can see right.
    Last edited by optima4; December 30th, 2011 at 11:03 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Wildmanne39 please HELP!

Hi, I answered you in the other thread already.

I believe that will fix your problem and you should not try to undo what we have already done with the other commands, your wireless will work better if it stays the way it is, I believe you have more then one thing going on, let me know if the suggestion in the other thread fixes it.
    Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Wildmanne39 please HELP!

Let's keep this in the other thread.