Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Nursing Multiple Installs can lead to Wrong assumptions:

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Nursing Multiple Installs can lead to Wrong assumptions:

Thanks everyone for all the help during this last cycle. It has been a real wild ride I have learned a lot. Some of it encouraging and other , not so encouraging. There are still a lot of difficulties with Ubiquity and Plymouth and Nautilus that could be bettered for the use with older PCs and made more streamlined for the average users. The Precise cycle has presented some real challenges with regression in may parts of the general proceedures of install, startup and shut-down. Some PCs have been basically 'booted' and blacklisted while others work together like peaches and cream. Some older bugs have migrated up the chain into Precise, unfortunately. Ubuntu evasion? I dunno.. but one wonders if anything is going to be done about these. The "install" proceedure should be flawless. Even if all else is defected , the Install should be a DE experience to remember!!, not a failure. Is this a truism or is there really something wrong with Plymouth and Ubiquity? Perhaps we will find out during Quantal Quetzal cycle.

Thanks all. It's been a slice. See you in Quantal.

Best Regards,
    Venrtrical
    This is Rolling Release
    Warnings for New Beta Testers& Helpful Terminal Commands:
    Running Trusty /devel/@ 5.120GHz32bit/ Please put [ prefix] on New Threads!

Beans
    Distro

Re: Nursing Multiple Installs can lead to Wrong assumptions:

Just in case anyone is concerned. we now have 'cap' limits here in Canada on the Bell Sympatico network. My bandwidth is capped out (due to beta testing multiple installs at current moment). So if you do not see much of me over the next few days it is because my modem has slowed to a snails pace. It may kick back in soon .. but just letting anyone know that I'm still here.

thanks..
    This is Rolling Release
    Warnings for New Beta Testers& Helpful Terminal Commands:
    Running Trusty /devel/@ 5.120GHz32bit/ Please put [ prefix] on New Threads!

Beans
    Distro

Cool Re: Nursing Multiple Installs can lead to Wrong assumptions:

I test on 3 notebooks, 1 tower, and 1 netbook. Install gets different problems on each ergo more launchpad bugs.

A confustion factor is using the same .iso name for ubuntu and lubuntu. Used to be lubuntu .iso had an L in front of it, not during this development cycle. I see from the announcement the L is back again.

Jerry

Beans
    Distro

Cool Re: Nursing Multiple Installs can lead to Wrong assumptions:

I test on 3 notebooks, 1 tower, and 1 netbook. Install gets different problems on each ergo more launchpad bugs.

A confusion factor is using the same .iso name for ubuntu and lubuntu. Used to be lubuntu .iso had an L in front of it, not during this development cycle. I see from the announcement the L is back again.

Jerry

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345