Thread: Want to install Ubuntu OS on a Hewlett-Packard G62

Beans

Want to install Ubuntu OS on a Hewlett-Packard G62

Dear Ubuntu-Users,

I am new here in this board and I have to apologize for my bad English - I am 16 years old and I am from Germany. Please forgive me my mistakes.

I installed Ubuntu many times on my notebook and on other PCs but after a few days I turned back to Windows. Yesterday I installed Windows 7 Professional and now I noticed that my graphic card don't work - whyever.

I've had my fill of Windows and now I want to ban Windows vom my HDD and want to install Ubuntu. Or should I install Kubuntu/Xubuntu? Can you give me an advice?

My notebook is an HP-G62-143A with an Intel Core i3-350m Processor and an "ATI Radeon HD 5470" graphic card. My WLAN card is a "Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter" and my LAN card a "Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller". Which driver do I have to use?

And last time as I installed Ubuntu I had a problem with the notebook temperatur. Some minutes after the system start the notebook was getting so hot that the notebook turned off. How can I solve this problem?

Again, sorry for my bad English.

Thank you

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Want to install Ubuntu OS on a Hewlett-Packard G62

Well, xubuntu was great during the 10.10 era, expecially due to the fact that the computer ran way faster. But after 11.10, it's just the same speed as Ubuntu, at least if you have my computer. Thinking about switching to something else, but not before I clean my room and get wired internet in my room.