Thread: Magic Mouse and Multitouch on 11.10

Hybrid View

Beans

Magic Mouse and Multitouch on 11.10

Hi all,

I have been hoping to get my magic mouse working on 11.10. Full disclosure: I'm running AMD64, not on a Mac at the moment.

Here is a link to a thread I opened previously, with a good summary of what I have tried:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1896423

I didn't get any response on that thread. Hoping maybe the Apple forum will have something to say about this.

Essentially, I have heard that magic mouse multitouch gestures should be working on 11.10, but I haven't observed anything beyond basic mouse functionality. Does anybody have a magic mouse working with multitouch gestures?

Something that occurred to me recently. My machine doesn't have built-in bluetooth, so I use a USB dongle, and an older one at that. Perhaps this is the issue? Maybe I need to upgrade to a better (newer) dongle?

Any response would be greatly appreciated!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Magic Mouse and Multitouch on 11.10

Are you looking for Touchegg?

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/01/t...ures-in-linux/

It is in the Software Centre, so should be pretty simple, installing it now to see if it helps.

Beans

I have touchegg installed, but I get nothing from gestures on the magic mouse. Don't I need uTouch for basic gesture functionality? Is there a way I can test to see that uTouch is properly installed/working?

Beans

Does anybody have a Magic Mouse connected to a computer with Ubuntu installed? I would be curious to hear whether you have multitouch, even if it's just a "yes" or "no".

I grabbed a new Bluetooth dongle (mine was quite old, may not even be 2.1) but that had no affect.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by vaguely_clear View Post
    Does anybody have a Magic Mouse connected to a computer with Ubuntu installed? I would be curious to hear whether you have multitouch, even if it's just a "yes" or "no".

I grabbed a new Bluetooth dongle (mine was quite old, may not even be 2.1) but that had no affect.

I have a Magic Mouse and Magic Trackpad at home, when I get there later I will try them both out and report back.

Beans

Was able to test out my Magic Mouse. I was able to left click, right click and scroll but none of the gestures that work on my MacBooks trackpad worked.