Thread: Calendar thunderbird 8 11.10 x64

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Question Calendar thunderbird 8 11.10 x64

I want to switch from Outlook to an equal email client. In ubuntu 11.10 Thunderbird 8.0 is installed by default and it's working very nice, but I also want a Calendar and Contacts tab that can work with gmail AND exchange.

My question: Does any one have a good solution for thunderbird x64!!? Lightning is not available for x64..

Or maybe a total different email client?
    Last edited by XTREEM|RAGE; December 27th, 2011 at 10:50 PM.
    In Game nick: XTRËËM|RåGË
    GöÐ ®Ë§þËÇT åñÐ Höñöµ®
    Download: Luck And No SkiLL3
    With Ubuntu Christian Edition, you don't need to surf the web. You can walk on it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: Calendar thunderbird 8 11.10 x64

I am using Lighting on 64 bit . I don't use Gmail and don't know if it will accomplish what you want . https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thu...don/lightning/
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Remove thunderbird, and install evolution.

Thunderbird, IMO, is not a replacement for Outlook, especially in an enterprise environment that needs to have MS exchange support, and I don't understand why it is the default in Ubuntu, especially in the upcoming LTS.

I'm not hating on TB. I'd love for it to be able to replace evolution out-of-the-box.........but it can't right now without doing A LOT of work, and adding extentions, and adding 3rd party crap........rant over.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by Frogs Hair View Post
    I am using Lighting on 64 bit . I don't use Gmail and don't know if it will accomplish what you want . https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thu...don/lightning/
    If I search in the thunderbird add-ons for lightning (v1.1, in thunderbird it self), it says: Not available for Thunderbird 8.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Karpinski View Post
    Remove thunderbird, and install evolution.

Thunderbird, IMO, is not a replacement for Outlook, especially in an enterprise environment that needs to have MS exchange support, and I don't understand why it is the default in Ubuntu, especially in the upcoming LTS.

I'm not hating on TB. I'd love for it to be able to replace evolution out-of-the-box.........but it can't right now without doing A LOT of work, and adding extentions, and adding 3rd party crap........rant over.
    I also need it for enterprise environments with MS exchange, I will try this one out.
    Last edited by XTREEM|RAGE; December 29th, 2011 at 12:17 AM.
    In Game nick: XTRËËM|RåGË
    GöÐ ®Ë§þËÇT åñÐ Höñöµ®
    Download: Luck And No SkiLL3
    With Ubuntu Christian Edition, you don't need to surf the web. You can walk on it.