Thread: NVIDIA GT520 GeForce graphics card: any known issues?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

NVIDIA GT520 GeForce graphics card: any known issues?

Hello All

Thinking of buying a new (secondhand) desktop that can drive a larger monitor (DVI-I duo 30" sort of size). I prefer to buy recycled kit where I can.

I'm looking at a quad core Xeon with a NVIDIA GT520 GeForce graphics card.

Any known issues with this graphics card? Unity ok &c? I'm quite used to having to use the Ubuntu supplied '3rd party' nvidia drivers (restricted drivers).

Cheers

Beans
    Distro

Re: NVIDIA GT520 GeForce graphics card: any known issues?

According to Phoronix's review, it works fine. http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ce_gt520&num=1

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Thanks for the link wolfen69, looks ok for my needs.

I'll just leave this thread around for a couple of days incase anyone has a horror story or something

Beans

I have been playing around with PCLinux but there seems to be much more support for Ubuntu so I've just downloaded the ISO and will be installing the latest version shortly.
    I have the Nvidia GT520 card and would appreciate any help in locating the driver for Ubuntu and if possible "simple, step by step instructions on how to install it". I am fairly new to the Linux world and although I have become fairly proficient on Windows and even figured out how to unlock my Android cell phone, Linux always seems to be a pain in the *** to install graphics cards, printers, and wifi unless you're familiar with the command line. Someone must have a nice easy post on how to install graphics cards and as long as I can get a link to the driver, I should be set?
    Anyone?