Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have Xiphos working with Natty or later? (segfaults here)

Beans

Anyone have Xiphos working with Natty or later? (segfaults here)

I recently upgraded from Maverick to Precise (I want everything working at release, so I test beforehand).
    Xiphos did not recognize modules installed in /usr/share/sword, but that was a minor issue:
    After I installed modules, it segfaulted as soon as it attempted to show the main window.
    I checked Launchpad, and found that there had been no updates since Natty, and this bug was first reported then.
    Bug report: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...os/+bug/783019
    Does anyone have Xiphos working in Natty (11.04) or later? I'd like to know if it's universal or if a solution exists.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Anyone have Xiphos working with Natty or later? (segfaults here)

Xiphos has not been developed since its last release of October 2010 according to its site. I have a strong feeling that this may be the cause of your issue and the last UCE tested with it stable was 9.10 karmic. This brings us to our current state of needing a update UCE. Works have already began to bring a updated version to our community. Stay tuned for further news!
    Ubuntu Christian Edition chat on irc at server: OFTC/channel: #ubuntuCE
    BootInfoScript DualBooting
    Grub Grub2 MBR/GRUB
    Boot Info Script courtesy of community member meierfra and ghulselmans

Beans

From what I saw in the SVN repo, the last code change was this summer. There was a translation update this fall.

What (native) bible study programs are known to work from Natty on? I don't want Wine + E-sword, just native Linux ones.
    I currently know that Cheatah/XSword and diatheke work.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Ibidem View Post
    From what I saw in the SVN repo, the last code change was this summer. There was a translation update this fall.

What (native) bible study programs are known to work from Natty on? I don't want Wine + E-sword, just native Linux ones.
    I currently know that Cheatah/XSword and diatheke work.
    Xiphos and bibletime work super for me ubuntu 11.10 and fedora 16
    Jer 20:9
    Then I said, I will not mention Him, nor speak in His name any more. But His Word was in my heart like a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with holding in, and I could not stop.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Xiphos works well here on Oneiric, was also working on Natty before I upgraded. Now, I have mostly migrated my desktop to Lubuntu, so I'm not using Unity. I don't know if that could make a difference or not. But it did work with Unity in Natty before I upgraded. I've been intending to set up a testing install of Precise but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

It's not that I'm anti-social, but the voices in my head won't even talk to me anymore...

Beans

Hello, Xiphos and Bibletime works just fine in 11.10. But there is another bible program that works just as good and it is Bibleanalyzer it was done for windows and than was done for linux. Check it out and enjoy.

Beans

I'm using IceWM, so it's not Unity...
    So something started causing segfaults in Precise, rather than the last change having never worked.

Beans

FYI, it looks like a bit of work has been done just recently.
    Also, someone else reported a bug in the display under "12.04" (I'm assuming Ubuntu, though I may be wrong..), and it looks like a fix was committed
    This would mean that there is a chance of getting it working.

Second--I just rebuilt Sword 1.6.1, and it makes Xiphos work.
    TODO: Upload this to my PPA

Beans

https://launchpad.net/~ibid-ag/+arch...filter=precise

Done.

But I guess this means that sword 1.6.2 is not binary compatible with 1.6.1 (as shipped by Debian/Ubuntu)

Beans

I also tried Xiphos and Bibletime today and they crashed on my system (Debian). However the newer version of Bibletime available in the Crosswire repository seems to work fine: https://launchpad.net/~pkgcrosswire/+archive/ppa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast