Thread: Linux Machine Crashes Router

Beans

Linux Machine Crashes Router

I have a custom built computer (ASUS M4A79T Mobo) with gigabit ethernet running ubunti 10.04, which crashes my 100 MBit/s linksys router very repeatably. Re-booting the router fixes the problem, for about 5 minutes, after which it crashes again.

Throttling the speed to 100M from the ubuntu machine does not fix the problem. Thoughts?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Linux Machine Crashes Router

I saw this before here maybe try the same as suggested, toggling the n or bg modes
    You can tell a man who boozes by the company he chooses, as the pig got up and slowly walked away.

Beans

Re: Linux Machine Crashes Router

I have the same issue with my laptop. Any time I run a .deb distro it kills my wireless connection and the router goes out. I had to install openSUSE and that for some reason actually works with my wireless. Fedora also works with my wireless. None of the 'buntus do. I wish I could get ubuntu to work with my laptop. Anyway, try a live cd with openSUSE or Fedora and see if you have any different luck. I know its not a complete answer but it might help troubleshooting.
    "- Courage! It couldn't come at a worse time." | Favorite Hockey Player: #8 Cam Neely! |
    Read my Poetry at
    www.poemscribe.com |