Thread: Evolution 2.32 Unix Mail file How?

Beans

Evolution 2.32 Unix Mail file How?

Evolultion 2.28 and earlier produced a Unix format mail file in /home/xxx/.evolution/mail/local/Inbox.sbd iirc. The version of Evolution that comes with 11.04 (2.32) seems to do no such thing -- at least I can't find it by drilling down the /home/xxx/ directory.

What to do? I need the Unix files to feed my archiving programme that archives posts for my websites. Abandon Evolution for Thunderbird? or have I just not found the files yet?

Any insight on this would be appreciated.
    Jerome

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Evolution 2.32 Unix Mail file How?

Quote Originally Posted by jerome schatten View Post
    Evolultion 2.28 and earlier produced a Unix format mail file in /home/xxx/.evolution/mail/local/Inbox.sbd iirc. The version of Evolution that comes with 11.04 (2.32) seems to do no such thing -- at least I can't find it by drilling down the /home/xxx/ directory.
    The path to the files has simply changed with this new version of Gnome/Unity. Do a web search for the new folder path.
    Regards, David.
    Please use the Forum search and Wiki search for immediate help
    Please mark your thread as Solved when appropriate
    New to technical forums?: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dcstar View Post
    The path to the files has simply changed with this new version of Gnome/Unity. Do a web search for the new folder path.
    OK... the mail files have been found. Thanks... now on to the next question:

I put my .evolution folder from my Ev. 2.28 (U9.1) machine into my home directory on
    my U.11.04 machine.

Indeed Ev. 3.2 found the folder and put all my old mail files and folders into
    ~/.local/share/evolution/mail/local/Inbox.sbd.

So now my question is: How to tell evolution on the 11.04 machine to take these folders and display them in Ev.3.2?

jerome

Beans

Cancel my last... got it all working. I clicked on something in Evolution (I know not what) and BINGO -- all the stuff from my previous Inbox (my old Inbox.sbd) appeared. Magic! I was able to import my previous Sent mail file using Import from the Ev. File menu. So all is well and everything seems to work.

That's it... If anyone else is travelling this path, the stuff you want is in:

home/yerhomefolder/.local/share/evolution/mail/local

I'm gonna close this thread as solved.
    jerome