Thread: How do i Transfer my iTunes music from one computer, to the other?

Beans

How do i Transfer my iTunes music from one computer, to the other?

Hello,

i have my macintosh and my other Laptop where the Windwos portion crashed because there's a problem with my motherboard, (apparently) and it's stuck in the recovery environment so i put ubuntu on it, so i could actually make use of it, i was wondering how do i transfer all 19.82GB of my music from my Mac iTunes to Ubuntu?i tried WINE, but the Shared library doesn't show up.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: How do i Transfer my iTunes music from one computer, to the other?

I am actually unfamilar with itunes, but assuming it's like any other information on a computer:

if you can still access the music, you SHOULD be able to (haven't tried with a Mac) sftp the music to the other computer, or even ftp it. If mac doesn't support it by default. Filezilla would be the program to use. ESPECIALLY if you want a GUI interface. The other avenue if you are not tech savvy, is to simple transfer the files to a 32 GB flash drive, or a portable hard drive. first then onto the Mac. This has the added benefit of back up the music.

Beans

Re: How do i Transfer my iTunes music from one computer, to the other?

i have the FTP client on my Mac, but i have no idea how to connect my client to the built-in FTP server on my Ubuntu, i've searched google but nothing is helping, mind shedding me some light?