Thread: Loss of Video Output

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Cool Loss of Video Output

A few months ago I upgraded from Hardy Heron to Lucid Lynx. I have ATI graphics, and previously this has run using fglrx unsupported drivers. The video performance has always been superb.
    With Lucid, fglrx drivers are no longer automatically installed, so for some weeks I ran with the built-in graphics drivers. I then saw a thread in the Forums about loading proprietary drivers, so I thought I'd have a go. I failed in my attempt to install fglrx, and seem to have lost the use of the built-in drivers.
    When I boot up, if I let the system run, the video output to the screen stops just before the purple screen would normally make way for the desktop, and my monitor reports there is no input. To avoid this, I have to press 'Escape' as the purple screen appears for the boot to run while scrolling the boot up commands.
    Please tell me what I can do to recover the lost graphics drivers (if that is the problem).

Chris
    Chris

You can't always get what you want

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Loss of Video Output

Try using any other parameters as shown here. Follow the steps might it will help you.

http://www.tuxgarage.com/2011/01/ubu...n-problem.html