Thread: Replacing a laptop screen

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Replacing a laptop screen

Hi,
    I need to replace a laptop screen. The screen's part number is B101AW03 V.0 - If you google it you will likely find the product specs, but here's what I can give you:

• 1024x600
    • WSVGA
    • Size 10.1

The price of this piece of hardware is $50-100. That's too expensive (I only have $20); I was wondering if I could replace it with something cheaper than the exact product that came built in. (are they universal?)

- search
    AMD A4-3400 w/ Radeon HD 6410D, 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333Mhz, Kubuntu 14.04, SliTaz 4.0, Windows 8.1, Ubuntu 14.04 VM
    " ... Love your neighbor as you love yourself."

Beans

Thumbs down Re: Replacing a laptop screen

Laptop screens are best replaced like for like - whilst you might find the correct screen elsewhere there are so many possible combination of connection / voltage etc that it can be a lottery.

I have replaced a few screens by sourcing the same model machine on ebay as you get a lot of "dead" machines listed. Be very careful with product descriptions and exactly what killed it.

I would look at private auctions with no reserve - there are many "laptop breakers" who will charge you "as new" prices if given the chance but they are quite easy to spot (multiple machines listed) and best avoided.

Always pay with Paypal as you can get you money back if it significantly not as described

You will have to get very lucky if you really only have $20 to spend
    Code:
    cd /fridge/beer | drink && fallover

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Replacing a laptop screen

$39 is the best I could find. I don't think you are going to be able to find anything for $20 that is in good shape.
    Please mark your thread as Solved when appropriate || My WIKI
    ---------------------------