Thread: Can't drag to home folder bookmarks in 11.10

Beans

Question Can't drag to home folder bookmarks in 11.10

After upgrading to 11.10 I noticed a few things I don't like.

1. the order of devices, bookmarks computer and network is not how I like it

2. the look of the screen seems flat and ugly with no useful directory navigation buttons like "up"

But, this one really bothers me. I used to be able to, with just one window, drag files to either copy or move them, into a current bookmark. Now, it tries to create a new bookmark if I drag a folder or just does nothing if I drag a file.

Help! me get my old functionality back. For now I have to open a second window, go to my destination folder and drag items into the list section. So not right.

Beans

Re: Can't drag to home folder bookmarks in 11.10

This is also driving me nuts. I'm sure there is a way to fix this however I'm just getting used to the Unity. This lack of accessible customization makes it very unattractive - especially something as basic as this.

Beans

I'm not so sure there is a way to fix it. Also, the ordering seems to be inconsistent with other tools which still show the old order, bookmarks at the bottom.

Time to start looking for another file browser app.

Beans

Well, that didn't take long. Thunar works like pre-11.10. In fact it looks very much like pre-11.10! Good night "Home Folder".

sudo apt-get install thunar