Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starling 5 disappearing wifi network

Beans

Re: Starling 5 disappearing wifi network

Another piece of data fwiw, I got it working again with the ethernet workaround. The only difference this time was the power was plugged in along with the battery. When I was trying it earlier running on just the battery, nothing happened. Then I remembered all the other times I was plugged in. Dragged the cord over, shut down, plugged in, powered up with the ethernet plugged in. Everything fired up with full menu. I unplugged ethernet and it's now working fine.

When I'm at home, I normally have the battery pulled out and it runs off the power cord. I'm usually flopped on the couch and the netbook stays there every night unless I need to travel. That's the only time the battery gets put in. Otherwise it stays out.

Don't know if that makes a difference.

Beans

This is a dead end then and I just have to live with it and hope it doesn't occur when I'm on the road?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I'm thinking the issue has something to do with your router, rather than your netbook. Since it hasn't happened on the road yet, this is a more likely explanation.
    Ian Santopietro - System76 Technical Support.
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12