Thread: Launching LibreOffice Files - Unusual Window Behaviour

Beans

Question Launching LibreOffice Files - Unusual Window Behaviour

Hi there,

Ubuntu 11.10 Unity.
    If I launch LibreOffice Files (ODS, ODT, ODP) with a double click in their home folders they launch with the appropriate application (Calc, Writer, Impress) however the application windows do not display the usual Close, Minimize, Restore buttons in the left hand corner. There is just a blank space where they should be.

In the Unity launcher on the left there is not the expected white arrow next to the launcher icon and the open app is not seen by the ALT+TAB keystroke when you have multiple windows open.
    For example: if you have an app open in this way and say Firefox, if you minimize Firefox you are only left with the desktop and you have no way to locate the open LibreOffice app. Clicking the app's icon in the launcher simply opens another instance.

A messy workaround is to click [Firefox] to a restored window and the LibreOffice app can be seen behind it allowing a mouse click to bring it forward.

If I open the LibreOffice app from the launcher and then Open a file from its menu, it all behaves as expected. I don't find this as convenient; anyone know how to fix the bad behaviour?

Thanks !
    Last edited by pastagage; December 16th, 2011 at 11:53 AM.

Beans

Re: Launching LibreOffice Files - Unusual Window Behaviour

Help plzz

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Screenshots please?

Beans

well i cant say much but it might help it you post some screen shots as lolpenguin said

sorry couldnt be of much help -_-

p.s.when your posting then please make paragraphs as its really annoying reading a large hunk of text

Beans

So here is the screenshot.

I created a file on the desktop, closed it and reopened it by double-clicking on the file.

As you can see, on the Unity panel, the LibreOffice Writer icon is not active. So, i I cannot switch back to my open document unless I double click the same file again... I cannot find Writer using Alt-Tab either.
    Last edited by pastagage; December 16th, 2011 at 12:06 PM.