Thread: google chrome - windows vs ubuntu?

Beans

google chrome - windows vs ubuntu?

hello there everyone. ive used ubuntu lightly in the past, was very fond, but do to some missing programs, i had to move back to windows. im now using a netbook, and man it gets slow sometimes..
    i use google chrome as my web browser, now i know google chrome exists for ubuntu as well. what im wondering is; is there a noticeable difference when using google chrome in windows vs ubuntu?

loading animated .gif images it always hangs, maybe 5-8 seconds before it will start playing smoothly. youtube loads pretty fast, but if i leave my computer sit for a while, and come back, good luck with anything working smoothly.. when i save a picture, it takes maybe 3 seconds for the "Save As" box to pop up, and the list goes on, but the bottom line is things arent fast.
    i realize much of this has to do with my weak processor, graphics, and low ram. however i also realize the OS plays a very important roll too. would i see any improvements switching to ubuntu?

cheers

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: google chrome - windows vs ubuntu?

Quote Originally Posted by soraxd View Post
    hello there everyone. ive used ubuntu lightly in the past, was very fond, but do to some missing programs, i had to move back to windows. im now using a netbook, and man it gets slow sometimes..
    i use google chrome as my web browser, now i know google chrome exists for ubuntu as well. what im wondering is; is there a noticeable difference when using google chrome in windows vs ubuntu?

loading animated .gif images it always hangs, maybe 5-8 seconds before it will start playing smoothly. youtube loads pretty fast, but if i leave my computer sit for a while, and come back, good luck with anything working smoothly.. when i save a picture, it takes maybe 3 seconds for the "Save As" box to pop up, and the list goes on, but the bottom line is things arent fast.
    i realize much of this has to do with my weak processor, graphics, and low ram. however i also realize the OS plays a very important roll too. would i see any improvements switching to ubuntu?

cheers
    yes google chrome is available for ubuntu its named chromium thers hardly any difference one major difference google chrome is closed source while chromium is open source
    can you tell your ram processor and other things then i can tell which os is perfect for you
    Last edited by shubham1; December 15th, 2011 at 03:23 PM.
    be a open source developer , php , c++ more information from ubuntu one ; do not give full screen applications full control
    http://linkbun.ch/1sdv

Beans

google chrome is available which i suggest over chromium since you don't have to install flash, i also suggest installing lxde when you install ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

on my two Intel based computers (this one and my netbook) google chrome is 5 times faster than in windows (W7 on PC, XP on netbook, both dual boot windows/ubuntu) but it's not just chrome every other browser works faster too on ubuntu or should I say internet, the performance with internet on ubuntu depends a lot on your hardware.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

if you go to www.google.com/chrome you can download google chrome for ubuntu.

It's the same as Windows, if anything faster on ubuntu.
    'The storm had now definitely abated, and what thunder there was now grumbled over more distant hills, like a man saying "AND ANOTHER THING!" twenty minutes after admitting he's lost the argument'
    -Douglas Adams