Thread: How to win Unknown Horizons?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

How to win Unknown Horizons?

Hey all, I just started playing unknown horizons, and I was wondering, in multiplayer, how do you win? I have been playing for about two hours now, and I see no clear end to this. I have amassed and sold various resources, I have set up settlements on multiple islands, and I have made a surplus in my taxes. When does this end? How do I get there?

Also, I see the ship you build settlements with has an option to go trade at other ai's ports. I have set it to buy and sell some things from them, but its not moving. Anyone have any idea why? Think its a bug maybe?

Also Also, what are the towers and defensive ships for? I have yet to find anyone who I can attack with them. is there a way to become hostile to the opponent AI?

Mad props to anyone who answers all of that!
    Echo "Your thoughts" > /dev/null

Beans

Re: How to win Unknown Horizons?

Quote Originally Posted by cgb223 View Post
    Hey all, I just started playing unknown horizons, and I was wondering, in multiplayer, how do you win? I have been playing for about two hours now, and I see no clear end to this. I have amassed and sold various resources, I have set up settlements on multiple islands, and I have made a surplus in my taxes. When does this end? How do I get there?
    I don't know if there is a victory condition at the moment but I doubt it.

Also, I see the ship you build settlements with has an option to go trade at other ai's ports. I have set it to buy and sell some things from them, but its not moving. Anyone have any idea why? Think its a bug maybe?
    Not sure, didn't test that. Maybe there's a button "Start trade route"?

Also Also, what are the towers and defensive ships for? I have yet to find anyone who I can attack with them. is there a way to become hostile to the opponent AI?
    Yes. There's a button below the mini-map with a dove and the mouseover-info "Diplomacy". On the left side you can choose the player by his flag color. On the right you can set your diplomatic state towards him - Set it to hostile to be able to attack him.

However, it seams that you can only sink ships but cannot raise buildings jet.

Side note: Maybe the trade route only works with friendly players?

Have fun!