Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lenovo x121e i3 Linux Hardware Compatability

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Lenovo x121e i3 Linux Hardware Compatability

Quote Originally Posted by MorrisseyJ View Post
    Using a Thinkpadx121e, running 11.10.

Sometimes when i start up in Ubuntu the track point doesn't initialise. The only way that i know to fix it is to reboot and try again. Usually it works after one reboot, but its still a hassle.

I was just wondering if someone knew a permanent fix for this or if anyone knows of a terminal command or something which could force the track point to initialise.

Thanks,

j
    I've noticed this too on the odd occasion. Sometimes from returning from suspend too. I haven't found (or looked) for a fix yet.

Beans

Has anyone got the UMTS (3G) module working in Ubuntu?

By the way, is the Intel version of the Lenovo x121e with Intel HD 3000 GPU better supported and more stable (through open source drivers) than the version with the AMD Fusion E-450 APU? Several reports mention that suspend/hibernate doesn't work that well with the AMD versions.

Thanks!

Beans

connect404 you're my hero

On my brand new X121e with a gnome 3 ubuntu 11.10, I only got 3 to 4 hours of battery, I was even concerned being flogged a 4 cells battery instead of the 6 cells I ordered, but no.
    When I first ran Powerstat I got a 15 W average.
    Now after a simple "aspm=force" I get a 6.13 Watts on average with standard Deviation 0.05
    And I haven't even configured TLP yet

Warm greetings from southern France

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by MorrisseyJ View Post

Sometimes when i start up in Ubuntu the track point doesn't initialise. The only way that i know to fix it is to reboot and try again. Usually it works after one reboot, but its still a hassle.

I was just wondering if someone knew a permanent fix for this or if anyone knows of a terminal command or something which could force the track point to initialise.

Thanks,

j
    I have the same issue. It happens roughly once a week. There is a bug record concerning this here
    regards

Beans

With Ubuntu 12.04 are the above power issues automatically fixed? Or do I need to do some of the above fixes, and if so which ones?

And does anyone have any experience with the fingerprint reader?

I'm very new to Ubuntu so just learning my way around...

Thanks

Jienchi

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by jienchi View Post
    With Ubuntu 12.04 are the above power issues automatically fixed? Or do I need to do some of the above fixes, and if so which ones?

And does anyone have any experience with the fingerprint reader?

I'm very new to Ubuntu so just learning my way around...

Thanks

Jienchi
    Concerning RC6 it should be enabled by default when the 3.4 kernel will be released to ubuntu. The actual one is 3.2.0-25-generic then you have to enable RC6 manually in grub (see the firsts post of this thread for details).

See Linux 3.4 will use Intel's power saving RC6 GPU technology - The H Open: News and Features

or try this search rc6 power saving linux kernel - Google

I haven't got fingerprint reader so...

regards
    Last edited by zibletop; June 19th, 2012 at 02:37 PM. Reason: clarification / typos

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Originally Posted by MorrisseyJ

Thanks,

j
    Here is someone writing something intelligible about this. It does however appear beyond my ability to fix. i thought that someone here might know what to do with it.

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1117026

j
    Thinkpad x131e

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by zibletop View Post
    Concerning RC6 it should be enabled by default when the 3.4 kernel will be released to ubuntu. The actual one is 3.2.0-25-generic then you have to enable RC6 manually in grub (see the firsts post of this thread for details).

See Linux 3.4 will use Intel's power saving RC6 GPU technology - The H Open: News and Features

or try this search rc6 power saving linux kernel - Google

I haven't got fingerprint reader so...

regards
    Thanks, so from what I can see 12.04 has RC6 enabled by default. I've done APSM=force and installed TLP, went from 8.54 W to 6.62W. Havent found anything for the fingerprint reader though.....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MorrisseyJ

Thanks,

j

Here is someone writing something intelligible about this. It does however appear beyond my ability to fix. i thought that someone here might know what to do with it.

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1117026

j
    Here is some more on this, see post # 5: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1117026
    Thinkpad x131e

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Hi getting some problems with 13.04 on my x131e. Random system freeze leaves me unable to input or output anything.

Is anyone else having this problem?
    Thinkpad x131e

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12