Thread: Difference between ISO and Cdrdao format?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Difference between ISO and Cdrdao format?

I'm copying a CD to my computer as an image file for the first time in Ubuntu. The default target format for the image file is "Cdrdao image" rather than "ISO", which surprises me.

Is there any noticeable difference between the two formats other than the range of applications able to burn them? Will I loose any information by using the ISO format instead? (I want the target disk burned with the image to be pretty much identical to the original data CD)

Beans

Re: Difference between ISO and Cdrdao format?

It just means it is an open source format that is specifically cross-platform, i.e. meant to run on any OS. It shouldn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by IqAndreas View Post
    I'm copying a CD to my computer as an image file for the first time in Ubuntu. The default target format for the image file is "Cdrdao image" rather than "ISO", which surprises me.

Is there any noticeable difference between the two formats other than the range of applications able to burn them? Will I loose any information by using the ISO format instead? (I want the target disk burned with the image to be pretty much identical to the original data CD)