Thread: File odt lost after shutdown

Beans

Unhappy File odt lost after shutdown

Hello everybody, I've a problem.. I was converting a file.odt to pdf from the libre office tool and at that time the machine has powered off (or has hibernate) because the laptot has discharged. When I rebooted the machine the file.odt was empty! (also with du file.odt I've 0) I tryed with fsck, but nothing (even in lost+found there's anything). It seems like the OS has deleted the inodes of that files for some reason...this is the syslog http://pastebin.com/d3bHgdyb (strange things from row 700).
    Any suggestion? (there's some tool that I can use to recover it? because I think that the datablocks still contain it somewhere).

P.S. I was using Ubuntu 11.10 32bit and LibreOffice 3.4.4. Another strange thing: in .libreoffice/3/user/backup/ there isn't the backup of that file

Thank you,
    butcher

Beans

Re: File odt lost after shutdown

hi f00fyf00f3r,

is a bug:
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ce/+bug/817326

I think you can't recover your document.
    I'm using LibreOffice too, the thing I do is to save and move the document in two places, doc_backup1.odt doc_backup2.odt. If I have a shutdown, I have a recover

:/

Beans

Re: File odt lost after shutdown

Sorry ... your document is permanently GONE!

I got bit by this same "bug" -- even though I had the feature turned on to periodically save the document.

Solution was to save a copy in a different folder (from time to time), that way, when the original got trashed, I could resume from the last saved copy.
    Ubuntu 15.04 Mate, Mint 17.1; MS Win 8.1, Win10 TP.
    Will not respond to PM requests for support -- use the forums.