Thread: New to Ubuntu

Beans

Exclamation New to Ubuntu

Hey Guys,
    I am a newbie. I have just downloaded Ubuntu 11.10 and I am not able to access the internet. I think that it is because the driver for the wireless card I am using isn't working. I have no idea what to do. I have a Dell Wireless 1505 Draft 802.11n WLAN Mini-Card if that helps. I have Windows dual loaded on this computer as well. Please help, from what I have seen, I really like the Ubuntu environment and really would like to use it to its full capacity - meaning with internet. That is the other problem, I have no internet access when I am booted in Ubuntu - so I have no idea what to download. Please help guys

Thanks,
    Alex

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: New to Ubuntu

The most recent I see here is Natty, but it may be of some help.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Wi...er/Ndiswrapper

Poke around the forums for "ndiswrapper". You'll find a lot of threads from people who have been through the same thing. I haven't, so I can't offer much personal advice. I will defer to the experience of others.

(Just a personal preference -- I don't like the term "newbie". Don't put yourself down. You are among friends here. Two types of people are to be found on these forums: Those who have learned much and those who have much to learn. The members of the former are still also members of the latter.)
    Last edited by QIII; December 10th, 2011 at 05:08 AM.