Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Cube and Desktop Effects in Compiz

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Cube and Desktop Effects in Compiz

I tried Xubuntu 12.04 out and could only control the windows when xfwm4 was selected as the window manager.
    But, then I had no cube effects or rotation. With Compiz selected as the window manager, I could rotate the cube but, I could not control windows. Terminal would go to the top of the screen and I could not move it.
    I deleted that partition and installed Ubuntu 12.04 with Unity and have a learning curve but, the windows work (a bit differently than anything I am used to I might add).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Hi, as I said in the other post to the other poster you have to make sure that move windows in ccsm is enabled sometimes it gets unchecked, also it is in the wiki.
    Thanks

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by wildmanne39 View Post
    Hi, as I said in the other post to the other poster you have to make sure that move windows in ccsm is enabled sometimes it gets unchecked, also it is in the wiki.
    Thanks
    Thanks! That may have fixed it but, I already re-installed plain Ubuntu 12.04. Xubuntu kept hanging so there were more problems than just the windows.
    +1 Good thread!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Daniel van Vugt has set a ppa to test a proposed version of Compiz with fixes for glitches while switching workspaces with the desktop wall and cube plugins. There currently is a problem with Nvidia cards making non-focused windows white, but for other cards it's working.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567