Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Cube and Desktop Effects in Compiz

Beans

Re: Cube and Desktop Effects in Compiz

Hi, I've just noticed Opacify doesn't seem to work, it is reportedly on by default, but I'm hovering over lots of windows and I don't see any effect.

Some relevant data:
    Reset opacity to original values when toggling: ON
    Delay until opacification: 700
    Toggle Opacify on by default: ON
    Window Match: Normal | Dialog | ModalDialog | Utility | Toolbar | Fullscreen
    Opacity Levels:
    Active Opacity: 100
    Passive Opacity: 10

Thanks

Beans

Actually, to be precise, it works only if I toggle Opacify through the shortcut SUPER+O but this only with windows that were already opened when I pressed it. Windows that are opened after I pressed the key, won't opacify when I hover over them.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hello everyone

UPDATE:
    Well I feel dumb all I had to do was set the Horizontal & Vertical Virtual Sizes to 4 as well as the # of Desktops

Original:
    I'm using Lubuntu 11.10 with compiz as the default window manager. I'd like to use the cube plugin. I used the General Settings>Desktop Size, to set 4 desktops. When I rotate my "cube" I only have two desktops visible, in other words not a cube but a really flat rectangle. This is a default Lubuntu 11.10 install with all packages updated and proprietary drivers. Any Ideas on how to get a cube going or what the problem could be?
    Last edited by node8472; May 8th, 2012 at 05:38 PM. Reason: fixed my problem

Beans

Hello! ( Thanks in advance)
    Having trouble in 12.04 with Compiz. I originally used Compiz in 11.04 ( Where the problem originates) and can't get it to fully work with 12.04. I'm talking about the Compiz Fusion one, I used to adore that sphere effect, and I don't believe it's added. I did try to install the fusion one but it simply doesn't work. Any help?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by node8472 View Post
    Hello everyone

UPDATE:
    Well I feel dumb all I had to do was set the Horizontal & Vertical Virtual Sizes to 4 as well as the # of Desktops

Original:
    I'm using Lubuntu 11.10 with compiz as the default window manager. I'd like to use the cube plugin. I used the General Settings>Desktop Size, to set 4 desktops. When I rotate my "cube" I only have two desktops visible, in other words not a cube but a really flat rectangle. This is a default Lubuntu 11.10 install with all packages updated and proprietary drivers. Any Ideas on how to get a cube going or what the problem could be?
    @node8472
    Install CompizConfig Settings Manager from the Software Center. From the dash, open ccsm. Click on General options > Desktop size. There you should choose 4 for horizontal, 1 for vertical and, 1 for desktops. Close and all should be well.

There are other ways to do this but, this should work fine.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by Sumaxi View Post
    Hello! ( Thanks in advance)
    Having trouble in 12.04 with Compiz. I originally used Compiz in 11.04 ( Where the problem originates) and can't get it to fully work with 12.04. I'm talking about the Compiz Fusion one, I used to adore that sphere effect, and I don't believe it's added. I did try to install the fusion one but it simply doesn't work. Any help?
    To use the sphere effect, you need to install compiz-plugins-extra, which you'll find in Synaptic. That will give you lots of stuff that the plain vanilla Compiz from the Software Center won't.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hi,
    I need some help please. Until now I used ubuntu. This is the first release 12.04 when I changed to xubuntu. I like it, but when I want to use compiz, the window borders disappear. I need to run xfwm4 --replace to get back the borders. How to use normal, xubuntu window borders?
    "If your picture isn't good enough, you're not close enough." Robert Capa

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Hi, did you do this?
    5. Right-click Compiz Fusion Icon, highlight "Select Window Decorator" and click on "GTK Window Decorator" or you will not have the close, maximize, minimize buttons on your windows.
    also in ccsm make sure window decorator is checked.
    Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Thank you for your quick answer.
    Now I have different window border (from the normal xubuntu) with bottoms, but I can't grab the window and move it. How can I use the original xubuntu window border?
    "If your picture isn't good enough, you're not close enough." Robert Capa

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Hi, for window to move make sure you have windows move checked in ccsm it is in the guide.

Go to the bottom of the guide to window decorators and see if kde window decorator will work, if so you can add it in window decorators in ccsm, but I found in earlier versions that gtk worked the best and the windows decorator is not why the window do not move.
    Thanks

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast