Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Cube and Desktop Effects in Compiz

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Cube and Desktop Effects in Compiz

Quote Originally Posted by ricardo072 View Post
    Hi All,

I have installed vers 12.04 and, so far so good,.. but,.. I have a question,.. what is exactly the configuration I need to have in order to see the 3D-Cube ?

Actually, I have Compiz-Fusion running fine, I already have some efects, but I can't see the cube on 3D and to be honest, I'm not sure what I need to configure from the CompizSettingsManager,.. the checkBox for the 3D-Cube is already checked and is not working..

I can't turn/rotate the cube, and besides that,.. what I need to do to make it transparent?

Thanks,
    Best regards,
    Hi, here is the link to the wiki read it very carefully and it tells you what you need to do, if you have done all of that then it may be a problem with your video card driver.
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CompositeManager
    Thanks

Beans

Hello there.

I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 with an NVIDIA 8400 GS with working up-to-date drivers. My problem is that the Minimize effect doesn't appear on CompizConfig, even though I installed all of the extra plug-ins. I can see the following effects:

• 3D Windows
    • Animations
    • Animations Add-On
    • Bicubic filter
    • Blur windows
    • Cube gears
    • Cube Reflection and Deformation
    • Fading windows
    • Login/Logout
    • Motion blur
    • Paint fire on screen
    • Reflection
    • Trailfocus
    • Water effect
    • Window Decoration
    • Wobbly windows

Technical data:

compiz --version
    Compiz 0.9.7.6
    X -version
    X.Org X Server 1.11.3
    Release Date: 2011-12-16
    X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
    Build Operating System: Linux 2.6.42-23-generic x86_64 Ubuntu
    Current Operating System: Linux bureau 3.2.0-24-generic #37-Ubuntu SMP Wed Apr 25 08:43:22 UTC 2012 x86_64
    Kernel command line: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-3.2.0-24-generic root=UUID=720aae67-a0a2-44d2-a23a-c19aeee23595 ro quiet splash vt.handoff=7
    Build Date: 20 April 2012 05:12:02AM
    xorg-server 2:1.11.4-0ubuntu10.1 (For technical support please see http://www.ubuntu.com/support)
    Current version of pixman: 0.24.4
    nvidia-settings -q NvidiaDriverVersion
    Attribute 'NvidiaDriverVersion' (bureau:0.0): 295.40
    Thanks you for your help.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Hi,in my screenshot is this where the minimize effect is missing?
    If so see if clicking on the arrow beside the tabs at the top makes it come into view.
    Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Here is the screenshot I missed it in the last post.
    Last edited by wildmanne39; February 10th, 2013 at 06:57 PM.

Beans

Hi wildmanne39,

No, actually, it's a stand-alone effect, indipendent from animations. See here: http://wiki.compiz.org/Plugins/Minimize.

Thanks for your help. Bye
    Last edited by AleCes; May 5th, 2012 at 08:10 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Hi, I do not use the zoom effect, but it is in compiz by default, I showed it to you in the screenshot.

The link you gave me has not been updated in 4 years, I recommed you do not use it.

Did you use the link in the first post to setup compiz? There is also a zoom feature in compiz you just type zoom into the filter box and you will see an option to enable it, but I do not believe that is the one you are looking for, I belive it is the one in the screenshot.
    Thanks

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by wildmanne39 View Post
    Hi, I do not use the zoom effect, but it is in compiz by default, I showed it to you in the screenshot.

The link you gave me has not been updated in 4 years, I recommed you do not use it.

Did you use the link in the first post to setup compiz? There is also a zoom feature in compiz you just type zoom into the filter box and you will see an option to enable it, but I do not believe that is the one you are looking for, I belive it is the one in the screenshot.
    Thanks
    This effect used to be available back when I still ran 11.04, I don't know about 11.10 because I never checked. But now that I updated to 12.04, I cannot see it anymore. Is it possible it's a deprecated package, since you told me the link has not been updated in four years?

If you scroll down on this page http://ubuntuguide.net/some-cool-3d-...tu-with-compiz at one point you'll see a comprehensive list of effects containing the "Minimize Effect". This is the one I'm missing.

Thanks
    Last edited by AleCes; May 6th, 2012 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Added adress

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Hi, click on animations as stated in the link at in the first post of this thread and the minimize effect is in there, it will be a tab at the top of the page unless you have a bug that is preventing it from showing.
    Thanks

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by wildmanne39 View Post
    Hi, click on animations as stated in the link at in the first post of this thread and the minimize effect is in there, it will be a tab at the top of the page unless you have a bug that is preventing it from showing.
    Thanks
    Hi, yeah, I can see it very well, I turned the zoom on, and it now gives me the effect I was looking for. It's just that I was accustomed to the old way, I didn't know it could be activated that way.

Thanks for your help.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Hi, your welcome!
    Enjoy

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast