Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You thought Ubuntu's upgrade was bad - Xbox takes the cake!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

You thought Ubuntu's upgrade was bad - Xbox takes the cake!

I've been using Unity since the day 11.10 came out. I did fresh installs on all my devices and though it's not perfect I can see where it's going. It's sleek and so simplistic it almost makes you feel like you're forgetting something. A lot of people complained and still complain about Unity and the direction Ubuntu is going. I thought of this the night before last night when I did the latest update to my Xbox 360 and saw the new interface. I'm not sure any of you have gotten the update but wow...it looks outdated and has a more cumbersome interface now. It's really bad. Detractors of Unity should see how the "Pro's" do it. Chances are you'll point and laugh. If you think Unity is a change for the worst you should see Microsoft's Xbox and smart phone OS's. They've recently redefined "change for the worst.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: You thought Ubuntu's upgrade was bad - Xbox takes the cake!

To be honest I think Microsoft's Windows Phone user interface is pretty good, can't comment on the Xbox user interface change you are talking about though, as I don't have an Xbox.

I think the Unity interface is a step in the right direction; it does need improvements here and there but generally it's pretty good. Though I think there is still work to do in some areas with Ubuntu in general to make it more user friendly especially when there are problems with hardware compatibility, etc.

Beans
    Hidden!

Ok, where's the cake?
    Diaspora Handle: masternetra@diasp.org

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

My PS3 just got it's 4.0 update. It now gives me a health warning and to consult their documentation about the topic. Do that many people get seizures it's now that big of a deal. I mean, really? Wasn't it enough to place the warning on the game's box.

I will give it to Sony for not changing much and upgrading the menu at a pace that doesn't cause stricken panic of its users. The annoying DRM limitations not so much.

Beans

i think it's good,

i used to have to press up and x to start call of duty,

now all i have to do is hit x

don't use xbox for anything else.
    limit of complete degeneracy,

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Everyone is entitled to thier opinions and as a proud owner of a Windows Phone 7 (HD7 by HTC) and Xbox 360 I love the new look and feel. The Kinect integration is amazing and I hope my next tablet purchase can wait until Windows 8. I think they are definitely going in the right direction. I will admit it takes time to get used to the new dashboard, but I've had it for a month or so. After about a week you'll see that it flows very well and if you have a Kinect you'll realize how nice it is to be able to tell the Xbox what you want it to do. Even my wife loves it and she is a Mac fanatic.
    "Well if someone really cared, then they'd take the time to spare a moment to try and understand another one's despair. 'Cause remember in this game we call life, that no one said it's fair" -- Axle Rose

Beans

I like it. Since I use Windows 8 on my gaming rig, I'm used to it.
    Steam: ubuntugamer( Add me ) | Gaming: Left 4 Dead 2, Metro Last Light, Assassin's Creed 4, Forced

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

its ugly and there are still annoying ads on the dashboard.
    Intel i5 Ivy Bridge 2.8Ghz (3.4Ghz Turbo), 64bit user, AMD GPU 7700 series

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by tjeremiah View Post
    its ugly and there are still annoying ads on the dashboard.
    Thats why you install an internet gateway with moblock.
    Don't waste your energy trying to change opinions ... Do your thing, and don't care if they like it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Wolf View Post
    I've been using Unity since the day 11.10 came out. I did fresh installs on all my devices and though it's not perfect I can see where it's going. It's sleek and so simplistic it almost makes you feel like you're forgetting something. A lot of people complained and still complain about Unity and the direction Ubuntu is going. I thought of this the night before last night when I did the latest update to my Xbox 360 and saw the new interface. I'm not sure any of you have gotten the update but wow...it looks outdated and has a more cumbersome interface now. It's really bad. Detractors of Unity should see how the "Pro's" do it. Chances are you'll point and laugh. If you think Unity is a change for the worst you should see Microsoft's Xbox and smart phone OS's. They've recently redefined "change for the worst.
    ok.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast