Thread: Missing Graphics

Beans

Missing Graphics

Hey everyone. I'm trying to get STALKER: Call of Pripyat to work on my laptop in Wine. I've gotten it to work before, except it played god awful slow. But, now that I have a fresh install, I tried again. This time, the game isn't slow. The graphics just don't render correctly, and some not at all.

The game is compatible with wine, according to AppDB.
    http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...sion&iId=17990

I have an Intel graphics chip by the way. If you need any more information, please ask.

I have included a screenshot of what the game is doing.

Thanks for your time.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Re: Missing Graphics

*bump* If anyone might know how to fix this, please let me know. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Could try setting wine vertex shader support to none.

3D support for intel linux drivers is pretty buggy compared to windows side of things. All the reports of Stalker working under wine were probably using Nvidia or ATI video chips.

You can try searching through this forum for tips from other intel users that managed to get other 3d games working and apply those tips to yours in hopes it will also work. Be prepared for an uphill battle though as the vast majority of responses when intel video is mentioned is to upgrade.
    Dell Latitude D630 - 4GB RAM - 128GB SSD - Nvidia Quadro NVS 135M - Intel 4965 wireless - DVD/CDRW - bluetooth - fingerprint reader

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Tweak42 View Post
    Could try setting wine vertex shader support to none.

3D support for intel linux drivers is pretty buggy compared to windows side of things. All the reports of Stalker working under wine were probably using Nvidia or ATI video chips.

You can try searching through this forum for tips from other intel users that managed to get other 3d games working and apply those tips to yours in hopes it will also work. Be prepared for an uphill battle though as the vast majority of responses when intel video is mentioned is to upgrade.
    Thanks, but I already tried the vertex shader and that didn't work.

Kinda hard to upgrade a laptop without buying a new computer. Oh well. At least Ubuntu works with it just fine otherwise. Thanks.