Smile Re: Application for Ubuntu Membership - Joseph Mills

a +1 to josephmills grat ppl.

Cuauhtemoc Chihuahua, Mexico.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Application for Ubuntu Membership - Joseph Mills

Wow thanks everyone! It mean's alot to me! You guys/girls/whatever are awesome! thanks again
    Joseph
    Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men, even when they exercise influence and not authority

Beans

hey thank you josephmills you are a great help hope you continue giving that good hand to all of us . thanks for your support. remember hope is better than luck !!!!!!

Beans

+1 from me too. Helpful, quick response.

oxf is offline Extra Foam Sugar Free Ubuntu
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Joseph just tried very hard to help me resolve my problem.
    I support his application

Katya

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Definitely +1 from me.
    I have a wireless problem and this guy is making a serious effort to help. I am a novice (no programming experience since learning Fortran in 196?) and he gave me exactly the script I needed to get him the additional information he wanted. Great help even if we don't eventually solve the problem. Hope we will though.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

you guy's once again I can not thanks you enough for +1 me. It means alot truly . I guess the real reason that I am running for membership. Is for when I go downtown to hand out live cd's /I also do some small time training for ubuntu most of the time it has been 1 on 1 or maybe 3 students. But I do not want to start advertising this until I have membership. No reason to rep something that you are not a part of. So I guess that I will give it 2 more weeks.If I am not a member by then I will resign. Once again thanks for all of your support. I can not thank you enough.
    Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men, even when they exercise influence and not authority

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by josephmills View Post
    ...So I guess that I will give it 2 more weeks.If I am not a member by then I will resign. Once again thanks for all of your support. I can not thank you enough.
    Don't resign. I have seen it take three months for someone to be voted on by the Ubuntu Counsel members. They are volunteers like yourself.

Don't assume that the time from application to acceptance or denial means anything. There aren't a lot of Ubuntu Counsel members, and sometimes they may be occupied with other things.

I remember a post that explained that they were overworked and wanting to improve the response time; however, I don't have a link to it at the moment.
    Last edited by Old_Grey_Wolf; February 17th, 2012 at 02:03 AM.
    Use whatever OS or desktop works for you. Dual boot or use VMs if you want. Backup your computer regularly, and definitely before upgrading, partitioning, or installing an OS.

No support requests by PM please.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

+1 from me. Rock on

Beans

Replies very fast, this guy helped me a ton with fixing my wifi card, thank you joseph.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast