Thread: My post count decreased?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

My post count decreased?

Hi, not that it is something important, since I keep my post count hidden, but it has mysteriously decreased, probably yesterday, from more than a thousand-something to 970.

I think it was reduced in something like 70-100 posts, not quite sure what the exact number was. I'm just completely sure that last time I looked at my control panel it was close to 1.100 and now is 970, that's what caught my attention to it.

I'm not sure if this is something I should warn you, in case this may be something you might have took into, like a potential DB corruption, etc. Or if you deleted old threads and that causes this symptom.

Anyway, just wanted to report that.

Regards,
    Effenberg

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: My post count decreased?

Quote Originally Posted by effenberg0x0 View Post
    Hi, not that it is something important, since I keep my post count hidden, but it has mysteriously decreased, probably yesterday, from more than a thousand-something to 970.

I think it was reduced in something like 70-100 posts, not quite sure what the exact number was. I'm just completely sure that last time I looked at my control panel it was close to 1.100 and now is 970, that's what caught my attention to it.

I'm not sure if this is something I should warn you, in case this may be something you might have took into, like a potential DB corruption, etc. Or if you deleted old threads and that causes this symptom.

Anyway, just wanted to report that.

Regards,
    Effenberg
    is that something we should all look at?
    Please mark your thread as Solved when appropriate || My WIKI
    ---------------------------

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by bluexrider View Post
    It's a question. Relax.

@OP: There shouldn't be any decrease in beans unless a post in jailed or moved to a non support area.
    Come to #ubuntuforums! We have cookies! | Basic Ubuntu Security Guide

Tomorrow's an illusion and yesterday's a dream, today is a solution...

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by bluexrider View Post
    I'm not sure if it only affects my account, or if it affect others. So I can answer you.

I would wait for some feedback from forum admins before coming to any conclusion. If in fact there's some inconsistency in the DB, a change in post count is an "acceptable" error and a good lead for maintenance, while it could be much worse (corrupt entire accounts, password, etc). You know how things can be good in high-traffic and SQL sometimes.

Anyway, no FUD from me: I'm sure they got it covered, if that is the case. Just wanted to give a heads up on the symptoms I'm observing here. Let's wait for some answer from admins.

Thanks,
    Effenberg

EDIT: Everything is fine, it only affects me.
    Last edited by effenberg0x0; December 6th, 2011 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Clarification

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesA View Post
    It's a question. Relax.

@OP: There shouldn't be any decrease in beans unless a post in jailed or moved to a non support area.
    Hi CharlesA, thank you for answering, I was afraid of something worse IT-wise.

But it is weird: I haven't posted in the last two days. I only participate in the Ubuntu+1 area normally. So I can't think of a possible infraction I might have committed. Can you check for me what happened? Did I do something out of the forum rules?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Hi CharlesA, thank you for answering, I was afraid of something worse IT-wise.

But it is weird: I haven't posted in the last two days. I only participate in the Ubuntu+1 area normally. So I can't think of a possible infraction I might have committed. Can you check for me what happened? Did I do something out of the forum rules?
    You don't have any infractions and I didn't see anything in the jail from you.

Not sure there the beans have gone.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

@effenberg0x0, I can account for about a dozen of your missing beans, but not 70-100. This thread:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1859178

Was moved from the Ubuntu +1 forum to the Cafe yesterday, which would make your bean count go down. If you are sure there are more, have a look back through your posting history for threads that have moved from support areas to the non-support areas.

EDIT: didn't go back far enough. I count 36 posts of yours in that thread. We're halfway there.
    Last edited by coffeecat; December 6th, 2011 at 10:22 PM.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post
    @effenberg0x0, I can account for about a dozen of your missing beans, but not 70-100. This thread:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1859178

Was moved from the Ubuntu +1 forum to the Cafe yesterday, which would make your bean count go down. If you are sure there are more, have a look back through your posting history for threads that have moved from support areas to the non-support areas.
    Hi dude
    I was not aware that post counts decreased when threads were moved, so I was worried for some DB problem and thought I should report it.

It's weird, cause when I reached 1.000 I even commented about that with my wife, showed her the control panel, and she said I have too much free time on my hands lol. Then I used the forum for more or less 7 to 10 days after that, which should add some more posts. So moderation probably moved some threads where I had an intense participation

Anyway, it's all good. Glad is not anything else. Thank you for taking the time to answer.

Regards,
    Effenberg

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post
    didn't go back far enough. I count 36 posts of yours in that thread. We're halfway there.
    Ah, that's it then. Note to self: distribute posts into more threads

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesA View Post
    You don't have any infractions and I didn't see anything in the jail from you.
    Thanks CharlesA. I plan on running for a membership in the future, was worried I had done some infraction, etc.
    Last edited by effenberg0x0; December 6th, 2011 at 10:35 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I was not aware that post counts decreased when threads were moved
    Only when they get moved to non-support areas where posts != beans. Or Forum Feedback and Help, which doesn't count either, so your posts in this thread won't help to get you above 1000 again!

she said I have too much free time in my hands
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Thanks CharlesA. I plan on running for a membership in the future, was worried I had done some infraction, etc.
    No problem. If you do get an infraction, you would get a PM about it.