Thread: Basic microcrontroller help!.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Basic microcrontroller help!.

Hai,
    I dont want to leave ubuntu just because there is a difficulty in programming micro-controller.
    Well, the fact is, I am a newbee in microcontroller programming (just atteded a class recently). They taught us using windows OS and I believe there exists a parallel program in LINUX. They taught us using WINAVR. And the program used to dump the code into microcontroller is "HID BOOT FLASH".
    The microcontroller is ATmega8535. In LINUX I think I can compile program using avr-gcc. And make the makefile using some template. The kit can be directly connected to the usb of the system.
    By reading some on-line documents I have learned that there is a program called AVRDUDE that can be used to dump the HEX file into micro-controller. But its not working for me because I dont know how to use it.
    Can anyone of you extend some help, because I just dont want to go back to windows..
    http://www.ladyada.net/learn/avr/avrdude.html
    This is one of the sites I tried for help. But sadly, I dont understand what is this programmer, fuses etc. Because it was not there in HID BOOT FLASH.
    Thabk you in advance..
    -Mathew

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Smile Re: Basic microcrontroller help!.

This is the kit I am using..
    Click here

What I want is a parallel program for HID BOOTFLASH or learn to use ACRDUDE properly..
    Its a damn basic question, is'it it?. Please help me out buddies!..
    -Mathew