Thread: audio enhancer or equalizer kubuntu 11.10? (+anything else I could do for my sound?)

Threaded View

Beans

audio enhancer or equalizer kubuntu 11.10? (+anything else I could do for my sound?)

Edit: .... I've put it in the wrong section haven't I?..

So. I have a laptop, it's fairly good.. well capable of 64bit, but I had windows 7 32 bit until recently, and without an audio enhancer program that came with my laptop for windows 7 32-bit, the inbuilt speakers are rather trashy.

So I decided to install ubuntu, and then messed up the location of grub, and reinstalled the whole thing. Now I can't run windows, because every time I click the windows 7 boot option, it just reopens grub. But that's another issue.

Now, I'm stuck in Ubuntu, and am running KDE which I love, apart from being pretty much unable to watch any sort of movie or multimedia, because the sound is too trashy to understand human dialogue...

So I tried looking into PulseAudio, sounded ok, but isn't ready for 11.10? And I don't know how to downgrade Ubuntu.

I've been looking around the forums for a week now but couldn't get anything I heard of working..

Could anyone please help me?

Side note: The internal mic won't function at all, and I don't know how to fix it, if anyone can help me there aswell..

Thanks!
    Marcos Cosmos
    Last edited by MarcosCosmos; December 6th, 2011 at 04:05 AM.