Thread: moonlight (silverlight) says will access your files and websites you visit

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

moonlight (silverlight) says will access your files and websites you visit

I stream movies on Lovefilm a lot, but now they're switching to Silverlight, from flash. Moonlight is the open source equivalent, and in fact redirects from the Microsoft site.

BUT:

To install Novell Moonlight, you have to agree to to allowing it to access "All data on your computer and the websites that you visit"

That does not sound good. Has anyone looked into the source code to see what it's up to? Anyone used it/killed it?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: moonlight (silverlight) says will access your files and websites you visit

Right, it's just Chromium being a twit. Ignore it. Ignore me. Ignore stupid Chromium.

It's just a generic message that has suddenly sprung up, or so it appears. I've upgraded Chromium since I installed the last add-on, so perhaps that's it? Or am I wrong again?

http://www.google.com/support/forum/...d288dc0d&hl=en

Beans

Re: moonlight (silverlight) says will access your files and websites you visit

Quote Originally Posted by fallenstar View Post
    Right, it's just Chromium being a twit. Ignore it. Ignore me. Ignore stupid Chromium.

It's just a generic message that has suddenly sprung up, or so it appears. I've upgraded Chromium since I installed the last add-on, so perhaps that's it? Or am I wrong again?

http://www.google.com/support/forum/...d288dc0d&hl=en
    DRM lurking somewhere on that HDD ... They really have OCD when it comes to intellectual property.. don't they? They should be happy we actually decide to pay for their stuff, and make it -less- of a hassle, period. lol