Thread: Downloading a coupon printer and other downloading stuff..

Beans

Downloading a coupon printer and other downloading stuff..

I have had this computer with Ubuntu for over a year now and I still cant figure out how to download stuff. I am a mom of 3 and I REALLY want to print coupons, but every time I try, you have to download a "coupon printing software" and it wont let me. I also would LOVE to be able to download music for my Ipod and I dont even know where to start with that. I am not very technological. Obviously

I don't understand Wine. I installed it, but things still don't download. I can dowload pictures and little stuff, but I really just want a "coupon printer."

I would also be eternally greatful if someone could tell me how to make it so I can watch Netflix on my computer. I think it really sucks that I can't. I feel like I have tried everything.

I hope you guys can help me. Sorry if this is redundant or stupid. Thanks.

Beans

Re: Downloading a coupon printer and other downloading stuff..

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilmoon View Post
    I have had this computer with Ubuntu for over a year now and I still cant figure out how to download stuff. I am a mom of 3 and I REALLY want to print coupons, but every time I try, you have to download a "coupon printing software" and it wont let me. I also would LOVE to be able to download music for my Ipod and I dont even know where to start with that. I am not very technological. Obviously

I don't understand Wine. I installed it, but things still don't download. I can dowload pictures and little stuff, but I really just want a "coupon printer."

I would also be eternally greatful if someone could tell me how to make it so I can watch Netflix on my computer. I think it really sucks that I can't. I feel like I have tried everything.

I hope you guys can help me. Sorry if this is redundant or stupid. Thanks.
    That infamous coupon printer is windows and mac only. Stupid spyware. It probably better if you use a spam email and ask for an another method to send those discounts.

I doubt netflix will work anytime soon since microsoft have to release their drm source code for silverlight in order to add it to moonlight plugin
    http://how-to.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_...ly%29_in_Linux
    (\ /)
    (O.o)
    (> <)
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Hi, if you have enough computer resources you can install virtualbox then install windows in it and print the coupons that way, there is a lot of work being done for netflix but I do not believe it is ready yet, I think one program is called boxee.

Here is a link so you can read up on the documentation for virtualbox.
    https://www.virtualbox.org/
    Thank you

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilmoon View Post
    I have had this computer with Ubuntu for over a year now and I still cant figure out how to download stuff. I am a mom of 3 and I REALLY want to print coupons, but every time I try, you have to download a "coupon printing software" and it wont let me.
    If you can provide a URL, I'd like to check this out.

Beans

Aprilmoon,

I understand your printing issue....for example, when wanting to print out coupons from stores like Target, Walmart, etc.

Usually, those sites are set up for Windows & Mac, and they don't provide support for Linux.

No biggie!

What you can do...when you are at the coupon page (assuming you're using Firefox)....

1. Go to File
    2. Click on Print
    3. Click on "Print to File" when the print dialogue box appears
    4. Save it to a location of your choice (it will automatically save as a .pdf file)
    5. Go to that file, and you'll be able to print off the coupon page

That easy!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

just a note for anyone looking at this.

it is impossible to print coupons in ubuntu from any major coupon site. the companies print via their own add on software that can only be installed in windows and osx.
    Repair:dpkg --configure -a Reconfigure:dpkg-reconfigure pkg (-a) Fix:apt-get -f install (pkg) Nuke:dpkg --force-remove-reinstreq -r pkg Corrupt deb:rm /var/cache/apt/archives/pkg Hack dpkg:rm /var/lib/dpkg/info/pkg* Chroot unbootable ubuntu