Thread: malware from opensuse

Beans

malware from opensuse

hi im fairly new to linux i have using it for about 1/2 a year mostly diffrent forms of ubuntu
    so anyways i noticed that opensuse is a amd smarter choice so i said why not install went smooth and worked good until the 4th update a week later somehow after i rebooted my computer it brought up a version of linux that they put on sony vios and ibm thinkpads in the late 90's nothing worked i did my best with little to no experience in the shell and had to
    whipe everything out and reload ubuntu 12.04 so dont go suse its not worth the headache

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: malware from opensuse

Quote Originally Posted by hfflunki View Post
    hi im fairly new to linux i have using it for about 1/2 a year mostly diffrent forms of ubuntu
    so anyways i noticed that opensuse is a amd smarter choice so i said why not install went smooth and worked good until the 4th update a week later somehow after i rebooted my computer it brought up a version of linux that they put on sony vios and ibm thinkpads in the late 90's nothing worked i did my best with little to no experience in the shell and had to
    whipe everything out and reload ubuntu 12.04 so dont go suse its not worth the headache
    Are you sure you didn't simply boot into an IceWM session? IceWM is an ancient looking Window Manager that ships with SUSE as a backup to Gnome or KDE...