I reinstalled / update and switched OS from ubuntu 11.04 --> kubuntu and then again to xubuntu hoping for a system I like. Although now I have seemingly found a system I can appreciate, with either Kubuntu, or Xubuntu, (either) I can't make orca work! I don't know what to do, though I need the screen reader function.

In K... when starting the program through the gui menu, it shows an attempt to start, then it simply dies, shutting itself off. In x... using the gui menu, it does nothing visible. when trying to access it through a terminal, it will go through the setup program, once, then fails. When attempting again it gives this error.
p:~$ orca
/usr/bin/orca: 153: gsettings: not found

** (orca:4802): WARNING **: Error retrieving accessibility bus address: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.a11y.Bus was not provided by any .service files

** ERROR **: AT-SPI: COuldn't connect to accessibility bus. Is at-spi-bus-launcher running?
Trace/breakpoint trap
in the terminal window. I am stuck, though as I say I require having a screen reader in order to function with documents of any size.

Thanks,