Help With Orca, Please
I am having problems with getting Orca to work right. In detail here is the experience.
1. I did a fresh install of Kubuntu 12.04, I then installed the Gnome-Desktop package.
2. Running kubuntu in the KDE Plasma Workspace, mode, I loaded Orca.
A. On the first run of Orca, the preferences page DID NOT open, as per. the statement in Help-Orca / Orca Configuration / Initial Setup (FYI). I have used the program enough to naturally go to the preferences and go through the process.
B. The package didn't have a Speech Dispatcher included. That took me a whil0e to figure out.
C. I installed “speech-dispatcher” version 0.7.1-6Ubuntu3 and “espeak” version 1.46.02-Oubuntu1
3. After double checking the preferences I can now get some speech to work, though it is very limited, seemingly only a few of the system maintenance programs, “Muon Package Manager” can be seen and read to some degree. The titles, tab names, though none of the content specific info contained there in. In Rekonq, it will read the “page title”, the, “URL address” and the “Tab names”, only, none of the text included in the page is read.
- Mozilla Firefox has no functioning reader, nor do the I use for word processing, “LibreOffice”, “gedit”, or Document Viewer's .PDF format documents. I can't even get the Help instructions for Orca to read either, Duh!!
4. In going through the help directions for “configuring” as best I am able, having learning disabilities that make reading difficult. I believe all the settings are correct. Having used orca for years with pretty good success, my experience shows that to be true, yet it doesn't work now.
Can someone help with this?
AMD 64 bit, 2 Gb ram, Ubuntu-Studio 12.04 32-bit
Playing my music my way.