Thread: Epson SX205 driver problems

Beans

Epson SX205 driver problems

Hello

Since upgrading to 11.10 I've been having problems with printing colours, greyscale printing is fine but colours are being printed separately slightly unaligned.

Any ideas very much appreciated.

Max

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Epson SX205 driver problems

Did you try to align the printer itself? Since grayscale/black is okay but the color prints are misaligned.

Beans

Yes have tried doing that and the printer prints fine using my Windows 7 laptop (which is annoying).

Have searched online and noticed one other person with same issue but he had posted in the launchpad forum and so got no help.

Beans

Hello,

I had the same problem and I have just managed to solve it. I am using Ubuntu 11.10, and my printer is a multifunction epson stylus sx205. After lots of attempts, I found this old solution to a similar problem:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...n+stylus+sx205

and after changing the driver model from "epson stylus sx205" to the "epson stylus dx4800" I can now print both in grayscale and color perfectly.

I actually made this change using the CUPS web-interface, but I suppose that by simply changing on ->System Settings -> Printers -> Proprieties it should also work.

This is my first time around, I hope this helps someone.

Willi

Beans

Slightly belated thanks works, like a charm.

had forgotten all about it and was relying on Windows for colour printing and Ubuntu for greyscale but all's back to normal in the world again.

Cheers

Max

Beans

Does this changing from SX205 to DX4800 not mean that the original scanner drivers will have a conflict? Or do I need other scanner drivers as well then?

Please advise.

Beans

Exclamation Re: Epson SX205 driver problems

After having changed everything my Epson SX205 is not working at all any longer.
    Then I changed it back to the original setting, but still my printer is not working and refuses to work.
    I deleted the printer and I re-installed the printer again, but without result, it does not work at all.
    What could have happened and what can I do to get the printer back?

Please advise.

Beans

Well, last but not least, the solution suggested in this thread did not work at all here.
    So I had to remove the printer, all drivers en reboot the desktop, have the printer configured again (localhost:631), just with the so called SX200 drivers.
    In the meantime printing remains the same: black/white documents starting from 1-2 mm from the top, coloured documents "echoing" and the velocity: like a real snail in both cases. Copying and scanning are perfect: quality, fast.
    I have tested this printer on older Ubuntu versions and then printing is perfect and fast, just up to version 11:04.
    On another website I read that Oneiric effectively has problems with the Epson SX205, it is not Epson and the drives, but this time Oneiric "is to blame".

Well, I am sure my Epson SX205 is still working perfectly (I have tested the printer), I still have the original Windows-CD with its drivers, so this printer is interesting to Windows-users and Linux-users, and as far as Ubuntu goes up to version 11.04.

In the meantime I bought a Canon Pixma, and this one is working perfectly. I saw this printer with a friend with Oneiric, easily configuring, fast printing, perfect quality.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

There is an issue in the gutenprint drivers relating to the sx200 that affected me in 12.04. It is fixed in the version packaged for quantal onwards. I installed that version and the colour alignment problem was solved. Might help you?