Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Something about Ubuntu I did not know.

Beans

Smile Something about Ubuntu I did not know.

If your on a Windows machine hold your Windows key and then you will see numbers come up on your icons. You can launch the program by holding Windows key + the program number on the unity sidebar. If the program is already opened, Shift + the program Number will open a brand new Window of the program. I like this a lot! Very nice feature.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Something about Ubuntu I did not know.

Quote Originally Posted by JF382 View Post
    If your on a Windows machine hold your Windows key and then you will see numbers come up on your icons. You can launch the program by holding Windows key + the program number on the unity sidebar. If the program is already opened, Shift + the program Number will open a brand new Window of the program. I like this a lot! Very nice feature.
    You're talking about Windows and your subject title indicates something else. Do you mean that holding down the Windows key and pressing a number works under Ubuntu???

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by crazy bird View Post
    You're talking about Windows and your subject title indicates something else. Do you mean that holding down the Windows key and pressing a number works under Ubuntu???
    Yes that is what I meant. Just found this out today, this thread is about Ubuntu, I do not know what you are talking about.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

@JF382, if you find that keyboard shortcut useful, there are more. Have a look here:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/28086...ouse-shortcuts

That link was published for 11.04 but it is still useful and includes a wallpaper with keyboard shortcuts. You might find this link helpful too:

https://help.ubuntu.com/11.10/ubuntu-help/index.html

Good luck!
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Yes that is what I meant. Just found this out today, this thread is about Ubuntu, I do not know what you are talking about.
    Nice! I'll try that out this evening!

Beans

What I like most about these keyboard shortcuts is that they do work on the number pad (unlike Windows). It's really nice !! you can "group" your apps in groups of 3, i do it like 1,2,3 for browser file manager and email 4,5,6 for chat, gwiber, music 7,8,9 documents, sheets, gimp.
    Once your head gets used to it (and that does NOT take long) you're gonna FLY on multitasking.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

My "windows button" must be broke or summat, coz i don't get no numbers...
    "All people are scum. No matter what they look like." ~ Spider Jerusalem, Transmetropolitan #4

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by t0p View Post
    My "windows button" must be broke or summat, coz i don't get no numbers...
    Or you're using Ubuntu 10.04 which doesn't have Unity
    I try to treat the cause, not the symptom. I avoid the terminal in instructions, unless it's easier or necessary. My instructions will work within the Ubuntu system, instead of breaking or subverting it. Those are the three guarantees to the helpee.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

this thread is about Ubuntu, I do not know what you are talking about.
    Lol. What he was talking about was that in your original post, you said "If you're on a Windows machine..." and you never mentioned Ubuntu at all. I was kind of confused, too.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post
    @JF382, if you find that keyboard shortcut useful, there are more. Have a look here:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/28086...ouse-shortcuts

That link was published for 11.04 but it is still useful and includes a wallpaper with keyboard shortcuts. You might find this link helpful too:

https://help.ubuntu.com/11.10/ubuntu-help/index.html

Good luck!
    I will definitely check those out, thank you so much. Love keyboard shortcuts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast