Thread: Flash Player Update needed - Flash-Aid not working

Beans

Question Flash Player Update needed - Flash-Aid not working

Yesterday when I entered a site that worked OK previously I got this message:

"We have detected that you do not have the newest version of Flash Player installed. Therefore, your connection has been switched to the Java connection mode. For a better experience, please click here to upgrade to the latest Flash Player for free. View current connection mode."

After logging in to these pages I decided that the Flash-Aid Add-On to my firefox was the way to go. So I installed that and used it with the following results:

"************************************************* **************************
    *****************PLEASE WAIT...DON'T CLOSE THIS TERMINAL!******************
    ************************************************** *************************
    *************************Starting removal commands*************************
    [sudo] password for mnj:
    *************************Starting update commands**************************
    *************************Starting install commands*************************
    --2011-11-27 00:09:08-- http://download.macromedia.com/pub/l..._112211.tar.gz
    Resolving download.macromedia.com... 2.21.67.191
    Connecting to download.macromedia.com|2.21.67.191|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 6887485 (6.6M) [application/x-gzip]
    Saving to: `flashplayer11-2_p2_install_lin_32_112211.tar.gz'

100%[======================================>] 6,887,485 1.04M/s in 6.4s

2011-11-27 00:09:25 (1.03 MB/s) - `flashplayer11-2_p2_install_lin_32_112211.tar.gz' saved [6887485/6887485]

libflashplayer.so
    *************************Starting tweaking commands************************
    OverrideGPUValidation=true
    ******FINISHED! You can close this terminal and restart Firefox now.*******
    "

So I restarted the firefox and tried the site again - but still with this result:

"We have detected that you do not have the newest version of Flash Player installed. Therefore, your connection has been switched to the Java connection mode. For a better experience, please click here to upgrade to the latest Flash Player for free. View current connection mode."

So how DO I get my the flsh player upated and how do I get rid of the Flash-Aid Add-On that does not work for me ?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Flash Player Update needed - Flash-Aid not working

See [ubuntu] ubuntu 10.10, firefox 8 64bit - flash not working

There have been problems with flash-aid just recently. Or perhaps generally with flash, I'm not sure, but the stable version (Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102) works OK for me; the beta not at all.

Beans

Smile Re: Flash Player Update needed - Flash-Aid not working

Thank you - that did the trick for me