Thread: Downloading VirtualBox Freely

Beans

Downloading VirtualBox Freely

Finally after alot of search and headache I found this link which you may download the Oracle Virtual Box for Linux in Sudan (a poor punished country) ,
    and I want to share it and save the others a lot of headache trying to download it from sudan !!

[link] http://www.brothersoft.com/virtualbo...ad-189559.html[/link]

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Downloading VirtualBox Freely

mmmmmmmmmm, thanks 4 the link but that wouldn`t help with the rest of blocked/softwares. you should of tried to use a proxy like hotspot shield or something but thanks for the tip

MOe!

Beans

Wink Re: Downloading VirtualBox Freely

Thanks moe19790 so much
    it's good that you mentioned proxy's , may I ask "HOW" to use them?
    I download hotspotshield and started it , it opened a web page saying that it is connected but just then I wasn't able to surf the net ,actually it "disconnected" me .
    now am using linux as my primary OS having a new kind of headache trying to use a command line proxy
    how can I do that ,do you know ???

SuShi!~

Beans
    Distro

hello

well, i was talking about windows but in Ubuntu i`m using ultrasurf here is a DEB package made by FoxOman

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3005566/ultr...f_9.96_all.deb

then download this addon to ur firefox

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3005566/ultr...jbutton_en.xpi

after installing both, when u want to bypass the block, run the prog "will find it under application, INTERNET"

then at the lower right corner "firfsox window" will will find a note saying Wj Disable, click on it it will turn green, that means ur browser is connected through the proxy. when u r done. click again it will be red and close the prog. will be back to normal surfing

Beans
    Distro

regarding the disconnection when connecting through the other proxy prog. You should configure ur browser to connect through the proxy manually thats why it drops the connection "in windows, it works right away, although from personal experience i`ve noticed, the older ver is more stable -but sadly slower-"

MOe!

Beans

Thanks so much MOe ,
    Before you answer the thread ,I was surfing and searching for a linux CLI or GUI proxy and came out of google box with the following amazing porxys

tor www.torproject.org/ for GUI surfing and ,they also have a win version
    proxychains proxychains.sf.net/ for CLI downloading and surfing

Beans
    Distro

yes, tor is gr8 proxy, but i didn`t like their idea of a browser embedded crap thing, i kinda like my fiefox and to make it work for firefox u will need some work. the bright side of tor project, is u have a proxy on the go, u can have it on a flash without a setup as long as the computer u r using has firefox installed ...

Any ways, Glad u solved ur issue bro... all the best

MOe!